Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #131
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I sorta agree with damien jakk in a way, I wouldnt want KP2 to be ALL mk9 returness, I think most people wanted mk4/3d era mk characters reimagined, characters like fujin, reiko, sareena, havik etc etc because they would be new to this gen of games, and this is supposed to be a loose retelling of MK4

The biggest mistake they made I think was the "generation change" that crap never works well in fighting games, its particularly bad in MKX, the "kombat kids" all suck very badly, there was no reason they had to do this generation jump

but overall i'd take any mk character (from mk9 or any other game) over freakin leatherface and barak-alien, NRS is out of control with guest characters and they bring nothing to the game or story as they are all non-canon anyways
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #132
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
How would adding them be a waste?? Please explain as I'm curious. This is suppose to be all about the MK characters. This isn't some Hollywood movie. I can't say for Noob Saibot since he isn't in MKX at all but how would adding Rain, Baraka, and others be a waste when they are already in the game (story wise)?? Rain for example wasn't in MK9 at all until he was added as a DLC and it made sense because he was/is a MK character. I don't see how adding Baraka would be a waste. If NRS could beef him up like they did with Quan Chi then he would have been a great addition in term of competition. I would love to see him playable. The game would still be "MKX" if they were added. There's no such thing as "MK9 part 2".
I'll elaborate further if I have to as I'm at work.

If it were up to fans, we would still be gestating with the MK2 roster simply sprinkled with more ninjas. When MK3 debuted people were up in arms about "No Baraka....No Cage....who are these dumb robots!!!?" Skip ahead to present day and people are demanding these characters. Sometimes you have to take a step back to make two forward, to expand the roster in order to create new fan favorites to pull from in future games.

While the new DLC doesn't have any new MK characters, I'm glad we are getting unique characters to play with over MK9 part 2 versions of existing ones.

EDIT: Also, the game would have been pretty much finished without the new DLC. I'm actually surprised they are even bothering since it is gonna come out between KI Season 3 and SF5. The pull of the guest characters, especially Alien will most likely rekindle interest in the game which is all but forgotten by casuals at this point.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #133
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'll say that I have been a huge fan of the MK series since it's inception. Growing up you had SF kids or MK kids, I was an MK kid. And I love the "celebrity guest spots". But that is because I'm always the person asking "who would win in a fight, Predator or Scorpion" type of thing... then poof, now you can do it. And guess what, you don't HAVE to if you don't want. It's not like MK that has 4 returning characters and all guest fighters. There are what a total of 4 now?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #134
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

A version of the game with all the DLC included is imminent.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...es-all-the-dlc
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #135
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Kombat Pack 1 has been discounted to $9.99.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:10 AM   #136
jamepeytoni011
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow looks awesome......cant wait
jamepeytoni011 is offline   Reply With Quote