Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-28-2021, 04:09 PM   #21
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Sounds like WB is looking for contractual reasons to cut ties with Heard. She crapped the bed, literally and her career should be over. We have a drug addict and alcoholic Depp, and Heard who is physically and verbally abusive as well as a pathological liar. Hollywood is a cesspool of sick and disturbed people. Both canned from their contacts for their behavior.

Emilia Clarke is absolutely the wrong actress to play an action hero. Terminator: Genisys showed her inability to play these kinds of roles. Clarke is better suited to romcoms and dramas. Outside of GoT, Clarke has not made a name for herself.

There are plenty of capable actresses to play the role. I’d pick someone like Ready or Not’s Samara Weaving.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:58 PM   #22
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think its easily spun as, if an athlete shows up to camp out of shape they are penalized, same deal, and it was in her contract.

That has to do with the alleged abuse she committed against Johnny Depp.
I totally understood that spin but it won't hold up in the court of public opinion.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:39 PM   #23
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Sounds like WB is looking for contractual reasons to cut ties with Heard. She crapped the bed, literally and her career should be over. We have a drug addict and alcoholic Depp, and Heard who is physically and verbally abusive as well as a pathological liar. Hollywood is a cesspool of sick and disturbed people. Both canned from their contacts for their behavior.

Emilia Clarke is absolutely the wrong actress to play an action hero. Terminator: Genisys showed her inability to play these kinds of roles. Clarke is better suited to romcoms and dramas. Outside of GoT, Clarke has not made a name for herself.

There are plenty of capable actresses to play the role. I’d pick someone like Ready or Not’s Samara Weaving.
gotta agree about Emilia Clarke, she should not go anywhere near action movies as shes not a good fit for them, she was awful in Genisys and was not believable at all, took me out of that movie quite a bit, and thats saying a lot considering all the other numerous bad parts of that movie
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:48 PM   #24
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

She is not fired. She won't be fired. This banter is so dumb.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #25
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
She is not fired. She won't be fired. This banter is so dumb.
people have been fired from jobs for a lot less, I guess only time can tell, but good to know you got her back im sure she appreciates it
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:45 PM   #26
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
people have been fired from jobs for a lot less, I guess only time can tell, but good to know you got her back im sure she appreciates it
I do. Hands down one of the nicest people I have met that is a celebrity. She always gives her time, signs everything, a full autograph every time, not a one letter graph. A plus.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #27
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So... we know that lots of actors are given trainers and work out between roles to get where they need to be based on the part. If she wasn't able to have access to a trainer or have the ability to get into the "action movie" shape required because of Covid - they will have a hell of a time firing her.

It will cost more time and money to fire her, hire a new actress, and reshoot the scenes than it will get get her into the gym with a trainer for 3 weeks. She's got the underlying body structure to be fit, she just has to get back there (if this is all true of course).

Either way, IDGAF who plays Mera. The movie was not that great, it was the better of the DC films (not saying much) and Mera is a pretty face with flaming red hair. It's not like Heard is a great actress. I'm happy to hear she is nice to fans - that's a plus. But she's not busting down Oscar doors. Neither is Clark for that matter. Aquaman is a popcorn flick and can be cast as such.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:42 PM   #28
Gothamite
Phoenix

Pushed back from March 2023 to December 2023.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235191860/

Ben Affleck has been shooting new scenes as Batman. Maybe he's in a better psychological state these days and is willing to engage in the DCEU again.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 04:49 AM   #29
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Pushed back from March 2023 to December 2023.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235191860/

Ben Affleck has been shooting new scenes as Batman. Maybe he's in a better psychological state these days and is willing to engage in the DCEU again.
Wow, 9 whole months. Perhaps this will give them time to replace a certain somebody as well.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 09:34 AM   #30
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Wow, 9 whole months. Perhaps this will give them time to replace a certain somebody as well.
They need more time for the CGI.

With regards to the "certain somebody", her role was already smaller compared to the first movie since this one is mainly a "buddy road trip" story about Aquaman and Orm. They might be able to cut Mera out of the movie without even replacing her.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote