Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 04-02-2021, 06:42 PM   #401
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Congrats on the house Jeremy. Having just moved two years ago and moving my mother last year I empathize with your task ahead

Also I did own that Bat-Girl statue before and it is a nice statue but it was small I do agree with you there. I sold it to somebody on eBay and he was interested if I would sell my Batwoman statue and I said I would contact him but Kathy Kane was always one of my all-time favorite characters and I truly doubt we’re ever going to see another statue of her. (I do remember that Chad did say in a video one time that the Kathy Kane Batwoman character was on a short list of statues to possibly be produced whenever it was the super powers line but I kind of wonder if that character just gonna go by the wayside in favor of the Kate Kane version if he would do that)

Anyway I do hope the move does go well and my only word of advice is as you’re packing it up make the decision to get rid of it before packing it and sending it to the new house. It’ll just be so much easier and less to move
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #402
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Congrats on getting the new house!! Thats awesome!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
congratulations to the new place! my advise: buy a garage for the boxes ;-)
Thank you, new house has a two car garage and a separate one car. All are oversized compared to standard garage/ The 2 car has storage above it that is completely insulated. I am going to have tons of storage now for empty boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Congrats on the house Jeremy. Having just moved two years ago and moving my mother last year I empathize with your task ahead

Also I did own that Bat-Girl statue before and it is a nice statue but it was small I do agree with you there. I sold it to somebody on eBay and he was interested if I would sell my Batwoman statue and I said I would contact him but Kathy Kane was always one of my all-time favorite characters and I truly doubt we’re ever going to see another statue of her. (I do remember that Chad did say in a video one time that the Kathy Kane Batwoman character was on a short list of statues to possibly be produced whenever it was the super powers line but I kind of wonder if that character just gonna go by the wayside in favor of the Kate Kane version if he would do that)

Anyway I do hope the move does go well and my only word of advice is as you’re packing it up make the decision to get rid of it before packing it and sending it to the new house. It’ll just be so much easier and less to move
Thank you, I packed up my office completely and now I am going to start on the common area where all of my Detolfs are. Trying to remember how a statue you bought 5 years ago goes back in the box is a challenge sometimes. LOL
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #403
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post

Thank you, new house has a two car garage and a separate one car. All are oversized compared to standard garage/ The 2 car has storage above it that is completely insulated. I am going to have tons of storage now for empty boxes.
SO GET THE PARTY STARTED AND BUY MANY MANY MANY STATUES...

I will send a container to you with my empty boxes as well if okay for you ;-)
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #404
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
SO GET THE PARTY STARTED AND BUY MANY MANY MANY STATUES...

I will send a container to you with my empty boxes as well if okay for you ;-)

Old 04-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #405
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Truly the statues look amazing. It's a great collection. Congrats
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:07 PM   #406
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Finally done moving. I have unpacked most of the smaller scale statues. So far I have found 4 breaks from the move. Nothing catastrophic but still irks me to say the least.

I was going to build custom shelving but the prices of lumber right now are crazy so for a while at least I am going with pre-made shelving I bought from Lowe's.

The calm before the storm. Some things are where they should be and a ton of others are not. Lot's more boxes to open and hope no more damage. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50405889.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	140403   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50410241.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	140404   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50413313.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	140405   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50421249.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	140406   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72192707.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	392.7 KB
ID:	140408  

Old 06-14-2021, 03:30 PM   #407
Augen
Metal Men

Beautiful collection, love Stargirl's Cosmic Staff next to that amazing display.

Yeah, lumber is insane so I'm putting some projects off too until they come back down (maybe next year) to reasonable levels.

I think even if someone offered me silly money for my house moving all the statues would be a tough sell.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:47 PM   #408
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Beautiful collection, love Stargirl's Cosmic Staff next to that amazing display.

Yeah, lumber is insane so I'm putting some projects off too until they come back down (maybe next year) to reasonable levels.

I think even if someone offered me silly money for my house moving all the statues would be a tough sell.
Thanks!

It was really the toughest part of the move for me, boxing up everything (Comic and statue) took a very long time and now the unboxing.....I'm on pins and needles every time I open something.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #409
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Looking good so far... congrats on the new house!
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #410
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
Truly the statues look amazing. It's a great collection. Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Looking good so far... congrats on the new house!
Thank you both!