Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-13-2021, 07:55 PM   #61
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
This will be going up on 17th April..

Now only thing left is to find out what this bad boy is going to cost me. I’m hoping for under $700 since Juggy was under $900 and he is way bigger. We shall see.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:11 PM   #62
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"COMING SOON: Legendary Beast Studios in collaboration with XM Studios are proud to present The Amazing Spider-Man! Our second in this explosive 1/7 Scale Impact Series."

- Video Spider-Man 1/7 Impact Series Statue by XM / LBS -

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:32 PM   #63
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Saw the video. On first glance, it looks amazing (especially with the lights on). The only downside is the explosion piece of the statue is huge and Spidey is sort of dwarfed by it.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:06 AM   #64
Frankierock
Omega Red

I love this statue..but I think Spider-Man needs a little more love. Suit seems to need a bit more detail. You can see webbing on his mask looks dull in some spots. (Black webbing seems to be faded) Would have loved a more textured suit on him.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:26 AM   #65
RisingPhoenix
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Saw the video. On first glance, it looks amazing (especially with the lights on). The only downside is the explosion piece of the statue is huge and Spidey is sort of dwarfed by it.
Hi Iko! I can assure you the piece looks amazing. The point of this line was to tell a story showcasing effects and detail on a smaller scale not seen before. When you see it clearly for yourself I believe it showcases Spidey of beautifully and not dwarfed as you might think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I love this statue..but I think Spider-Man needs a little more love. Suit seems to need a bit more detail. You can see webbing on his mask looks dull in some spots. (Black webbing seems to be faded) Would have loved a more textured suit on him.
Hey Frankierock! I can assure you that in production if there are any minor imperfections you are picking up, everything will be spot on ie. the black webbing is definitely not faded, most likely a video shading rather than that. Check out the pics tonight and I'm sure you will be pleased.

PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE : PO GOES UP 6PM SGT (UTC +8)

Cheers!!
RisingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:31 AM   #66
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It's up now. I think this seals the debate of most dynamic spidey in statue form at any scale. Outrageously fun piece! I'll think a bit about this but I'm very tempted. And the price isn't too bad, either.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:55 AM   #67
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Is it just me or does the explosion look like orange goo?
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:45 PM   #68
Frankierock
Omega Red

Got my order in...went with the light up base. Was a no brainer. Just not as dynamic without the light effect. Little over a year away but can’t wait for this.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:49 PM   #69
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Is it just me or does the explosion look like orange goo?
Explosions, smoke... that kind of stuff is just about impossible to render in a solid form, which casts hard shadows.

Thinking it out- and maybe this wouldn't work any better- I'd make the core of the explosion as smooth and void of any detail as possible- and make it an intense white.

Then add color as it radiates outward with plums of smoke and debris and fire.

Another thing that would enhance the effect- but that I expect most companies would be too skittish to try for fear of not being able to fully pull it off- would be to paint the surface of the figure, and surrounding surfaces closest to the explosion, as if they were receiving an intense light source.

Without the rest of the statute reacting to the explosion (via color, along with intense highlights and shadows), the explosion is isolated and ...yeah. It just looks like orange goop.

Obviously that would/should be less critical with something using a light up feature already. Though I still think the effect could be further intensified with an adventurous approach to the painting.

One of the paint jobs that's most impressed me over the years was this one-

Some people still complained about the orange, but I thought SS did an amazing job going for broke with those paint apps. And pulled the effect off extremely well, IMO.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:44 AM   #70
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Legendary Beast Studios in collaboration with XM Studios is proud to present The Amazing Spider-Man! Our second in this explosive 1/7 Scale Impact Series. Leaping away from certain danger, our friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man uses his agile body to avoid the ferocious mechanical Spider-Bot! Showcasing a detailed explosive effect with Spider-Bot parts flying everywhere, this statue highlights our hero’s Spider-Sense at its fullest as he dodges every projectile with ease. With spider-like abilities, science genius Peter Parker swings above it all as Spider-Man, costumed champion of the innocent who lives and fights with the wisdom of “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility!”.

Bitten by a radioactive spider, Peter Parker’s arachnid abilities give him amazing powers he uses to help others, while his personal life continues to offer plenty of obstacles. Like his namesake, Spider-Man’s strength and agility stand far above those of the average human, allowing him to lift nearly ten tons and to leap and move at incredible speeds with high accuracy. He also heals faster than normal when injured, though he is not completely immune to viruses and other human ailments."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

Version A - Clear Resin LightUp

Version B - Resin

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote