Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #11
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yikes. That's not awesome. Also, I can't stand "Harlequin" vs. the proper Harley Quinn.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Kawakunai. How horrifying lol.

It's funny how this is all Batman has become in general. Harley Quinn, Joker, Batman, Catwoman, and maybe Poison Ivy.

I like the idea of a Japanese schoolgirl look for her, but this is the first time I'm not convinced by their design. It will probably look better in statue form, but this one is too convoluted. For one thing, the weapon just doesn't work here. Maybe use a giant paper fan like they do in comedy anime or something? Have it made of metal and have spikes on it.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #13
ambasah
Red Skull

this will sell like hot cakes.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #14
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Really? Was hoping for the leather costume. The colors on this does not resemble Harley at all.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:05 PM   #15
built2shred
Phoenix

I'll give props to XM for coming up with unique designs, something that is not easy.... That said, with the exception of Batman they all seem to be to far off the mark from the originals...

I would never be able to tell that was Harley or Catwoman by just looking at the statues... Even Poison Ivy would be tough to recognize.... I really wanted to like this line but I think I'm going to pass, just too different..... Although these will probably sell like hot cakes in Asia....

But for the west customers I think it's to far off the mark
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #16
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'll give props to XM for coming up with unique designs, something that is not easy.... That said, with the exception of Batman they all seem to be to far off the mark from the originals...

I would never be able to tell that was Harley or Catwoman by just looking at the statues... Even Poison Ivy would be tough to recognize.... I really wanted to like this line but I think I'm going to pass, just too different..... Although these will probably sell like hot cakes in Asia....

But for the west customers I think it's to far off the mark
that's the thing that everyone on here forgets. this isnt for the western market. they dont have a license for the western markets so they are right on the mark with their audience.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:47 PM   #17
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
that's the thing that everyone on here forgets. this isnt for the western market. they dont have a license for the western markets so they are right on the mark with their audience.
You're right. While I haven't been a fan of these Japanese outtakes, I nonetheless can see a market for them, especially in Asia where the sexualized schoolgirl look appears to be a more accepted artform.

XM development should trust its instincts and produce these and test the market. Ultimately, less reliance on the North American marketplace could be a blessing in disguise. The Asian market seems to love this type of design anyway. Historically, the sexualized schoolgirl thing hasn't typically been a hit in North America and may never be.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #18
7th and Tef
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sailor moon + joker = this ... Really
7th and Tef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #19
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Hmmmm....the other statue transformations I see, like, and appreciate. This just seems off. As opposed to keeping the origin of the character and morphing that, it seems they took every rendition of Harley and smashed her together. The school girl will sell, I just wish it would be tweaked a little. I have liked all of the other renditions of this line a lot.

IMO there are too many varying colors going on. Either do the red/black or red/navy. Not both. I would personally vote red/black as that was her original set of colors. Also, with four options for heads, perhaps you could tweak the hair style and/or colors. Hats, no bow....I'm sure the designers can think of something

And shock of shocks -- another Harley with a mallet.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:25 PM   #20
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Hmmmm....the other statue transformations I see, like, and appreciate. This just seems off. As opposed to keeping the origin of the character and morphing that, it seems they took every rendition of Harley and smashed her together. The school girl will sell, I just wish it would be tweaked a little. I have liked all of the other renditions of this line a lot.

IMO there are too many varying colors going on. Either do the red/black or red/navy. Not both. I would personally vote red/black as that was her original set of colors. Also, with four options for heads, perhaps you could tweak the hair style and/or colors. Hats, no bow....I'm sure the designers can think of something

And shock of shocks -- another Harley with a mallet.
anyone else notice a lot of the villains ion this line are taking influence from the suicide squad look. (movie)
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote