Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-30-2021, 10:47 PM   #221
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Sold off my duplicate ms marvel warbird on ebay for $600 a bit over 1 year ago....decided to keep my AP Randy bowen sketch ms marvel warbird...not letting it go anytime soon.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:04 PM   #222
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Sold off my duplicate ms marvel warbird on ebay for $600 a bit over 1 year ago....decided to keep my AP Randy bowen sketch ms marvel warbird...not letting it go anytime soon.
all the Captain/Ms. Marvel pieces went crazy in price but thats a BIG price for warbird! i'm fond of the museum 70's version total babe haha.

I picked up a Classic 60's Captain Marvel not too long ago. Great classic piece of a cool character.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:33 PM   #223
MrYac
Hercules

bad time to try and play catchup with the line i guess.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:29 AM   #224
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
all the Captain/Ms. Marvel pieces went crazy in price but thats a BIG price for warbird! i'm fond of the museum 70's version total babe haha.

I picked up a Classic 60's Captain Marvel not too long ago. Great classic piece of a cool character.
May have been around $550 with free shipping and large double boxing....was buy it now with immediate payment....never had any luck with auction style for statues because of deadbeat winning bidders.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:18 AM   #225
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
bad time to try and play catchup with the line i guess.
You ain’t kidding Yac. I went balls to the wall the last year and a half search high and low all over the net trying to round out my collection. I’m seeing what’s available these days and it’s not the same inventory and price of what was available a year or even 6 months ago.

I think the pandemic has a dramatic effect on long sold out collectibles. The vintage toy market (specifically toys from the 80s and 90s) has gone crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
May have been around $550 with free shipping and large double boxing....was buy it now with immediate payment....never had any luck with auction style for statues because of deadbeat winning bidders.
Interesting point. Years back I would watch an auction and there was usually a good chance of bugging last minute and getting a Bowen at a great deal. These days the auctions all seem to be ending much higher than the Buy It Nows. I’m much more inclined to pull the trigger on a Buy It Now especially if it’s a BIN w/Best Offer. I see an auction I rarely see it through the end.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:08 PM   #226
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Sniping is exhilarating. Although prices in all aspects of pop culture are crazy right now. Bowen is like a fine wine and I have a cellar full of it!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:37 PM   #227
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:

I think the pandemic has a dramatic effect on long sold out collectibles. The vintage toy market (specifically toys from the 80s and 90s) has gone crazy.
collectibles across the board, the MCU and such bringing light to more comic people has been bad enough for good deals, but toss in a bunch of people with little to do but surf the web and in many cases a lot of expendable free money and it's a recipe for price hikes.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:59 PM   #228
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Quote:

What's up with the Ms Marvel popularity? What do you think? I really like the character and finally scored a statue (albeit from a different line), but prices of her are way outside my willing price point.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:04 PM   #229
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraVoyent View Post
What's up with the Ms Marvel popularity? What do you think? I really like the character and finally scored a statue (albeit from a different line), but prices of her are way outside my willing price point.
if i had to guess i'd say it's people wanting to remember her as she was and not what Marvel has turned poor Carol into.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:19 AM   #230
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
if i had to guess i'd say it's people wanting to remember her as she was and not what Marvel has turned poor Carol into.
Bingo!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote