Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #221
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
Tough crowd. I hope HMO doesn't change anything. I think she's great as is, the pose, portraits, switch outs, base, etc.
Agree, don't change a thing.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:53 PM   #222
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
Tough crowd. I hope HMO doesn't change anything. I think she's great as is, the pose, portraits, switch outs, base, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
Agree, don't change a thing.
Well I can only speak for myself, but critiquing design choices/art direction is nothing more than me thinking out loud about whether or not I want to buy a piece. I'm pretty sure it's the standard MO here on SF.com. I'm not generally asking for changes (I've seen XM fall into that trap and ruin a piece or two ). However, if there looks to maybe be an execution error, like what NorthernLad has pointed out, then yes, I think it should be addressed.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #223
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Well I can only speak for myself, but critiquing design choices/art direction is nothing more than me thinking out loud about whether or not I want to buy a piece. I'm pretty sure it's the standard MO here on SF.com. I'm not generally asking for changes (I've seen XM fall into that trap and ruin a piece or two ). However, if there looks to maybe be an execution error, like what NorthernLad has pointed out, then yes, I think it should be addressed.
I only say that because too often companies end up changing things for the worse and it was good to begin with (Sideshow Psylocke portrait)

And yeah seeing the post on the last page, that is a good point about the third portrait.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:03 PM   #224
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
I only say that because too often companies end up changing things for the worse and it was good to begin with (Sideshow Psylocke portrait)

And yeah seeing the post on the last page, that is a good point about the third portrait.
Yes, another perfect example.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:04 PM   #225
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

She looks amazing just no interest in the character.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:46 PM   #226
mufizal
The X-Men

Thank you all for your constructive Criticism and suggestions.
I will look into all of it and act accordingly to the limits of our abilities without changing the original vision of the piece.

Keep on Rockin SF

Mufizal
mufizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:25 PM   #227
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufizal View Post
I will look into all of it and act accordingly to the limits of our abilities without changing the original vision of the piece.

Keep on Rockin SF

Mufizal
I think you should be proud. Morrigan, Mai, and now Felicia have been spectacular pieces with lot of effort clearly put in. I own Mai and it was too notch and this appears to be another winner. Well done.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:25 PM   #228
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufizal View Post

Keep on Rockin SF

Mufizal
The forum is so critical because you delivered a perfect award winning representation of a beloved character (Morrigan) then you gave us Mai and delivered quality beyond expectations. Now we expect the same with Felicia and people demand perfection. What I’m trying to say is thank you for what you do.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:13 PM   #229
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
The forum is so critical because you delivered a perfect award winning representation of a beloved character (Morrigan) then you gave us Mai and delivered quality beyond expectations. Now we expect the same with Felicia and people demand perfection. What I’m trying to say is thank you for what you do.
It's not just because of their past for me. This is an $800 1/4th and shipping isn't going to be cheap, in the end it's going to be almost a grand for me. I'm not willing to drop a grand on a 1/4th unless it's really worth it. I don't judge this the same as I judge the PCS pieces cause they are almost half the price.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:28 PM   #230
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think they look absolutely gorgeous. The only thing I'd change is the ripped/frayed look of her outfit. It does not fit the way her outfit really looks, in my opinion.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote