Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 02-14-2021, 05:57 PM   #211
Mister H
Gen 13

Lookin pretty sweet. One of my favorite Bat suits, in comics or movies.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #212
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Looking good man, i LOVE the returns suit. I could have suggested a fix for the scaling issue but looks like youre a little too far into it
Edumacate me! I can always add it to the tool box and use it when needed!
It's starting to look like a Batman. Roughed in the skin tones and emblem. Detailed the utility belt. And call me crazy but I'm starting to develop a thing for the orange cape.

Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #213
SONICobra
Batman

Well a lot of times i have found scaling issues to be in the legs, either below or above the knee is too long or too short. Even if its correct if you need to make a statue shorter or taller those areas can usually be adjusted without visibly throwing the look of the piece off. It obviously requires a bit of sculpting but usually not too bad since youre just matching the existing sculpt

Some examples are the punisher comiquette, the legs are too short - more specifically below the knee thus giving the illusion its 1/5 scale even though the rest of the statue lines up with any other 1/4 scale piece. The prime1 guyver pieces have really long legs giving them the appearance of being slightly larger than 1/4 scale

Im not sure how tall keaton in suit actually was, i know hes a short dude, but usually 1/4-1/2”+/- adjustments can be made without looking weird. Sometimes you have to split the difference and put two extensions (or reductions) in the leg one above and one below the knee to keep things looking proportionate
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:35 PM   #214
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Well a lot of times i have found scaling issues to be in the legs, either below or above the knee is too long or too short. Even if its correct if you need to make a statue shorter or taller those areas can usually be adjusted without visibly throwing the look of the piece off. It obviously requires a bit of sculpting but usually not too bad since youre just matching the existing sculpt

Im not sure how tall keaton in suit actually was, i know hes a short dude, but usually 1/4-1/2”+/- adjustments can be made without looking weird. Sometimes you have to split the difference and put two extensions (or reductions) in the leg one above and one below the knee to keep things looking proportionate
LOL yeah stuff like that's gonna be a little bit out of my league...most of the time I'm lucky I don't spray myself in the face with the airbrush.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:57 PM   #215
batmbeyond
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Edumacate me! I can always add it to the tool box and use it when needed!
It's starting to look like a Batman. Roughed in the skin tones and emblem. Detailed the utility belt. And call me crazy but I'm starting to develop a thing for the orange cape.

Lookin Good!
batmbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:49 PM   #216
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Slowly coming along, winter storms making it difficult to find the time. Head sculpt next, then the grapple gun and then the cape... saving the best for last. LOL

Old 02-20-2021, 03:16 PM   #217
Karnis
Blue Falcon

It's getting down to it....only the eye decals left to do on the head sculpt and the cape, which I'll start on tomorrow.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:03 PM   #218
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Looking great so far. That orange cape really pops. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:52 PM   #219
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Batman Returns figure is done except for the eye decals, I'll put those on this week. Overall it came out alright, too bad it's not scaled right and a real shame it wasn't a higher quality print because a good amount of detail couldn't be rendered properly. But it's Keaton Batman Returns and not too many on collectors shelves so I'll take it.

Old 02-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #220
Asgard
Deadman

Great
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote