Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-31-2021, 10:53 PM   #1101
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:47 PM   #1102
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow, that looks great and thanks for the review. Wolverine connection will be something we all will have to keep an eye on. Wonder if ther is any way of making it better. Maybe small clear fish line to take some of the stress off from it.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:48 AM   #1103
Infinite GLORY

I can try to post some better pictures today in the daylight.

I'm curious tho, for those of you that have this, and those of you that will be getting it at some point, what your plan is for displaying this? Do you also plan on getting the other 2 sentinels and proximity pieces?

I have been racking my mind even before I received Sentinel 1 yesterday on how to properly display. Some pieces are going to end up in the back of the sentinels I would think, and then they are just not going to be seen. I had an idea at one point of just taking the custom acrylic cases I already have, and replacing the back cardboard piece that I wrapped in black fabric with just another acrylic piece, to have sort of a 360 display. I would obviously have to place the cases in the center of a room so they could be walked around and viewed. But the ones I have currently aren't deep enough really. They are 16" deep I think. I would need to get the bigger shelves and start over customizing and I really just don't feel like that right now.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:11 AM   #1104
Tushar
Hellboy

I think 360 would be the way to go, especially if you're only getting one sentinel. If I do get this, I'm thinking of giving it its own custom shelf in a place like a dining room, which is built for people moving in all directions.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:13 AM   #1105
Tushar
Hellboy

I'm curious, is that the Marvel Legends Professor X I see in the bottom left? If so, how'd you make the base?
Old 04-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #1106
fsdre
Mephisto

For anyone that bought direct like me from IS, please post once you get shipping notice from them! I am getting worried
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:20 AM   #1107
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
For anyone that bought direct like me from IS, please post once you get shipping notice from them! I am getting worried
There are a few of us on here that bought directly from them. Think most of us are a little concerned. Someone on here posted that they thought they would be shipping out next week but not sure if they had any inside information or not.
Also of concern is if there are any issues with them. They are sold out so what happens if you get a damaged one? I know there is a guy on these forums that got a damaged Martian and they did a poor job gluing it back together and shipped it back to him again. That one I don’t think is even sold out.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:39 AM   #1108
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
I'm curious, is that the Marvel Legends Professor X I see in the bottom left? If so, how'd you make the base?
Nope it's the Iron Studios Professor X from the X-Men line. He's a proximity piece. I believe he was the second release from the line after Mystique.

If you check out the X-Men BDS 1/10 Master Thread I created in this forum, you will find info on him there, along with every other announced/released X-Men piece for this line

He is long sold out tho. If you want him you usually gotta pay ebay prices. He was like $180 tho so paying $250 is not that huge of a stretch.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:28 PM   #1109
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Nope it's the Iron Studios Professor X from the X-Men line. He's a proximity piece. I believe he was the second release from the line after Mystique.

If you check out the X-Men BDS 1/10 Master Thread I created in this forum, you will find info on him there, along with every other announced/released X-Men piece for this line

He is long sold out tho. If you want him you usually gotta pay ebay prices. He was like $180 tho so paying $250 is not that huge of a stretch.
Thanks for replying. And I'd be sure to check the thread out. I like that you included him in the display. No matter how long the roster, no X-Men display looks complete without him.

Not sure what damage he could do to a sentinel though Perhaps he's giving battle instructions to the others telepathically?
Old 04-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #1110
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thanks for replying. And I'd be sure to check the thread out. I like that you included him in the display. No matter how long the roster, no X-Men display looks complete without him.

Not sure what damage he could do to a sentinel though Perhaps he's giving battle instructions to the others telepathically?
I know right. He could pick objects up and throw them at the Sentinel tho? Also he's prolly better served attacking one of the "proximity" villains like Pyro or Blob or Sabretooth