Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-15-2021, 03:33 PM   #51
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus007 View Post
Just tuned in and had a first look on this piece. I like the way how they depict him. Personally i hoped for a different pose, but it's fair enough. I do understand the Hot Rod/ Rodimus debate. Really curious if Eternal gets an answer on this. And i totally understand your annoyance with the shortcuts on these pieces. A booklet or detailed instruction manuel has always been a welcome addition in the unboxing process. It's a service you can expect with premium priced statues like these.
I do like the statue; it's just he is more Hot Rod than Rodimus. If they want to call him Rodimus, so be it, but fix the alternate mode.

I don't expect instructions on basic statues like Hordak. Even some of the Prime 1 pieces came with instructions when they really weren't needed. The bases on these XM pieces though are quite detailed and an assembly order page for reference shouldn't be a thing we need to gripe about.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:23 PM   #52
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I do like the statue; it's just he is more Hot Rod than Rodimus. If they want to call him Rodimus, so be it, but fix the alternate mode.

I don't expect instructions on basic statues like Hordak. Even some of the Prime 1 pieces came with instructions when they really weren't needed. The bases on these XM pieces though are quite detailed and an assembly order page for reference shouldn't be a thing we need to gripe about.
If it wasn't for one of you guys it would've taken me hours to figure out where that one wire/tube goes on Megatron's base.

Prime 1 Shockwave was 70+ parts imagine if P1 said eff it and didn't include instructions. I had a hard enough time with the instructions.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:47 AM   #53
Rquiem
Birdman

Quote:
If they do Ultra Magnus, you better hope it isn't a white Optimus.
If they do that, im just not buying. Very simple really.
Im currently in on all except Nemesis because he doesnt fit with my view of what G1 is.

And to me, this guy will be called HotRod instead of Rodimus.
And just a white Prime as a Magnus is a no go.
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #54
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rquiem View Post
If they do that, im just not buying. Very simple really.
Im currently in on all except Nemesis because he doesnt fit with my view of what G1 is.

And to me, this guy will be called HotRod instead of Rodimus.
And just a white Prime as a Magnus is a no go.
Same here with Nemesis.

I would like to call him Hot Rod, but he's too big to be Hot Rod.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:00 PM   #55
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
XM sort of got back to me. They are forwarding my questions and you guys concerns with the design department. Now we wait.
I'm pretty sure they will just continue with this release as is. They've ignored all the comments in their FB group as well as under their listing on their FB page. It's a shame really. It would be a great Hot Rod statue if it were smaller. Could be a decent Rodimus if they fixed the alt mode.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:52 PM   #56
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they will just continue with this release as is. They've ignored all the comments in their FB group as well as under their listing on their FB page. It's a shame really. It would be a great Hot Rod statue if it were smaller. Could be a decent Rodimus if they fixed the alt mode.
Thanks for the update. I haven’t heard anything else. I agree it’s probably a done deal. Are you planning on getting him anyway? I like him but I haven’t had the drive to preorder him yet and I don’t know why.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:58 PM   #57
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Thanks for the update. I haven’t heard anything else. I agree it’s probably a done deal. Are you planning on getting him anyway? I like him but I haven’t had the drive to preorder him yet and I don’t know why.
I really don't know. While I'm heavily invested in this line, I think looking at that alt mode will annoy me every time I see it. I also don't like the feeling that I'm rewarding their poor research with my money. I know they claim they are Transformers fans, but how can you not notice an issue this big before the piece is even 3D printed? They had to check with their design department? If they are fans as much as they claim, they wouldn't need to check. I get the feeling Bryan Tan was the Transformers fan.

It doesn't seem to be selling fast, so it's something I will sit on till the last minute.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:44 AM   #58
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures by Art Chayawan

- Prototype XM Studios Rodimus Prime 1/10 Scale Statue -

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:44 AM   #59
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures by Art Chayawan

- Prototype XM Studios Rodimus Prime 1/10 Scale Statue -

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:57 PM   #60
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Looks more like Hot Rod, than Rodimus. That car mode is awesome.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote