[최초공개] 사람이 만든 또 다른 사람 JND 스튜디오 캣우먼 셀리나 카일 | JND Studios CATWOMAN SELINA KYLE
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:22 AM   #62
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterj View Post
For us Europeans the cost is very high

This one crushes the Prime 1 version in every way, but we also consider that cost twice as much.
This is an amazing piece, no doubt, but the price it makes me feel comfortable with my P1S cheap version, also because I have all the dark knight P1s line.

I should pay 2000 + 400/500 (shipping to italy) + 33% therefore approx 3300 $ to get it, against the $ 1300 I paid for my P1S
I see no point in comparing the two.
One is resin, the other other made from all sorts of materials.

I really like the JND portrait without the mask on. Prime 1 should have offered this option. They still could
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:08 AM   #63
Dexterj
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I see no point in comparing the two.
One is resin, the other other made from all sorts of materials.

I really like the JND portrait without the mask on. Prime 1 should have offered this option. They still could
It's the same with the 1/3 Joker statues, many fans choose only one to have in their collection e and then evaluate all aspects between them.

The fact that they are both statues of the same character and of the same scale they are already two points of comparing, then I agree with you, these are two products of very different quality.
Dexterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:14 AM   #64
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

The prices are monstrous, no doubt.

But, I'm slowly (quickly) coming round to the idea "Quality / Quantity".

I've been quite vocal about my disappointment in P1, and let's not start talking about those bases......but, removing P1 products from my "Must Have" list, has certainly relieved the pressure

If this is the only statue I buy in 2022 - then the high price doesn't sting (so much).

I just need to watch out for Queen Studios.....or things could get nasty.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #65
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The prices are monstrous, no doubt.

But, I'm slowly (quickly) coming round to the idea "Quality / Quantity".

I've been quite vocal about my disappointment in P1, and let's not start talking about those bases......but, removing P1 products from my "Must Have" list, has certainly relieved the pressure

If this is the only statue I buy in 2022 - then the high price doesn't sting (so much).

Did you see how the hair on Arthur Fleck turned out?
At root level it looked like a doll, with clumps of 20 or something hairs punched into a single area.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:39 AM   #66
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:

Funny thing is, Queen Studios' own Selina could end up having a very similar pose:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:58 AM   #67
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Did you see how the hair on Arthur Fleck turned out?
At root level it looked like a doll, with clumps of 20 or something hairs punched into a single area.
Yes, I saw that. I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker or not.

Let's see how WW turns out, if it's the same or worse, then I'll scratch JND from the list and move on.

I guess my point here is, I'm done spending money (ANY MONEY) on poor products. If these are "Art grade"....hence the price, then I demand Art grade products. If its a toy grade, then lower the price to toy levels.

I thought P1 was going to be an Art grade company, and they weren't.

I'm not sure the hair issue necessarily delegates JND to toy grade, maybe for some people it does.....let's see.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:05 AM   #68
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Yes, I saw that. I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker or not.

Let's see how WW turns out, if it's the same or worse, then I'll scratch JND from the list and move on.

I guess my point here is, I'm done spending money (ANY MONEY) on poor products. If these are "Art grade"....hence the price, then I demand Art grade products. If its a toy grade, then lower the price to toy levels.

I thought P1 was going to be an Art grade company, and they weren't.

I'm not sure the hair issue necessarily delegates JND to toy grade, maybe for some people it does.....let's see.
I would class that as a deal breaker. Given the high price, it should have been done better. I did not order that piece. 'If' i ordered Catwoman, i would expect the production piece to look like the proto given the price.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:20 AM   #69
Dexterj
Frackin!

Quote:
'If' i ordered Catwoman, i would expect the production piece to look like the proto given the price.
Unfortunately you will not be sure of this until you get your piece in hands, those who bought artgur flecther probably thought the same thing

and they certainly thought the same thing those who bought the Arthur Fleck piece.
Dexterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #70
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I would class that as a deal breaker. Given the high price, it should have been done better. I did not order that piece. 'If' i ordered Catwoman, i would expect the production piece to look like the proto given the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterj View Post
Unfortunately you will not be sure of this until you get your piece in hands, those who bought artgur flecther probably thought the same thing

and they certainly thought the same thing those who bought the Arthur Fleck piece.
Was there any feedback from JND? Do we know if this "bad hair day" issue affected the whole line, or just a few?

Surely if this was a significant problem there would have been more fuss made, and being a new company - JND would likely have done something to avoid harming the trust between them and the collecting community.

Let's be honest, in the case of JND - we (meaning the "serious" statue collectors) are the target customers. Where Sideshow, PCS, even P1 and XM, can rely, to a degree, on casual one off buyers who are more comic, and computer game enthusiasts looking for a centre piece - not many casual buyers are gonna lay down $2k on a statue.