Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 03-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #541
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
Agree with the posts above me 100%. Which is why, as mentioned in another thread, I don't mind personalization if it will bring down the price.

Anyway, Ryan Stegman just told me he may only do 5 min sketches at C2E2, so I'm now looking at other artist for my big commission. Anyone know about :

David Finch
Humberto Ramos
Jenny Frison
Jerome Opena

thanks
Not sure of the exact cost but I know Ramos was pretty pricey for a full body.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #542
dcd747
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It stinks that there are so few artists who have made it that try to do right by their fans. The J. Scott Campbell example quoted earlier is, IMO, the right thing to do when an artist no longer needs to help support themselves through commissions and convention sketches. Limit the number you're doing, but you really don't have to charge an exorbitant amount. Even Tim Sale, although much more expensive than Campbell, seems to be more interested in doing the right thing. Others, on the other hand... Legends, for example, who charge upwards of $1000 for a 9 x 12 piece...or $300 for a quickie profile on a blank sketch cover. Oh - and don't forget charging for autographs, too. It makes it almost impossible to sustain this hobby unless you're very wealthy.
dcd747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #543
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Yeah, I agree. The way Ivan Reis was doing it at NYCC last year was impressive. Such a nice guy, and would spend 30 minutes on each sketch, first come, first serve, he'd talk to you while you sketched, good joking back & forth with Joe Prado, and in the end you shell out a mere $160 for an 11x17 ink wash bust from a modern legend. Super classy, and every fan walked away satisfied. My respect for him went up ten-fold with that experience.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #544
zanejc
Frackin!

thanks for info

zanejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:14 AM   #545
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
Agree with the posts above me 100%. Which is why, as mentioned in another thread, I don't mind personalization if it will bring down the price.

Anyway, Ryan Stegman just told me he may only do 5 min sketches at C2E2, so I'm now looking at other artist for my big commission. Anyone know about :

David Finch
Humberto Ramos
Jenny Frison
Jerome Opena

thanks
I talked to kwan and he's not sure if jerome is skeching at c2e2 yet.

Finch is wait in line and his rates haven't changed, frison list fills up fast but her rates are on the low side so it's someone i'm planing to get something from her this go round.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:07 PM   #546
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

I asked Kwan about Jerome and didn't hear anything back, so thanks for this info. What are Finch's rates? I'm hoping to get him on a jam. Thx.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #547
Behold Gravitas
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
I talked to kwan and he's not sure if jerome is skeching at c2e2 yet.

Finch is wait in line and his rates haven't changed, frison list fills up fast but her rates are on the low side so it's someone i'm planing to get something from her this go round.
Does Finch do more than head or torso? I'm trying to weigh the lost time in line and price vs getting more of my jams done.
Behold Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #548
fallon6190
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Walt Simonson rates for convention sketches

Hey guys will be seeing Walt Simonson at this years Comicpalooza and, was wondering how much he charged for con sketches. Also does he do a list for con commissons at shows and how much do they cost?
fallon6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #549
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold Gravitas View Post
Does Finch do more than head or torso? I'm trying to weigh the lost time in line and price vs getting more of my jams done.
From his website

Mr. Finch will no longer be doing head or bust sketches at conventions. He will however be taking a list for a very limited number of torso and full commissions. If you would like to commission a piece of artwork at a convention only, please see him on the first day of your c
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:32 PM   #550
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallon6190 View Post
Hey guys will be seeing Walt Simonson at this years Comicpalooza and, was wondering how much he charged for con sketches. Also does he do a list for con commissons at shows and how much do they cost?
Sometimes he does 30 second freebies. Sometimes he does 5 minute $100 pieces for heroes initiative. I have never seen him do anything else.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote