Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #15131
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Riddick - 7/10 - My least favorite of the 3 ("so far", he says hopefully), this movie lacked the "edge" I found in the 1st two. Still, Riddick is one hell of an anti-hero & I really enjoy him & this movie. Much of this feels abit like a watered down Pitch Black, but lacking that almost indie feel the 1st film had. Katie Sakoff was great in this & I was amazed at how she looked. Loved her in BSG, but she's no Starbuck here, but still a bada$$. If you like the character Vin plays in this series, you'll like this film a lot. Bring on 4 & 5. Vin's 46 now, so he better hurry on up.

Thanks for the short review, I'm with you in that I loved the first two, the second wasn't as loved it seems but I really enjoyed the atmosphere the film created. I was hoping for much of the same in the third (a sequel to chronicles) but from what you say it sounds more like they went back to the original for inspiration? I'll grab the blu ray as soon as it comes out and hopefully they will keep these films coming. Riddick is one of the great characters for me so it would be nice to see more on the big screen and the extended universe.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #15132
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Riddick- 8/10 First I need to say I like the Riddick character. This movie kept me fully entertained the entire time.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #15133
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Thanks for the short review, I'm with you in that I loved the first two, the second wasn't as loved it seems but I really enjoyed the atmosphere the film created. I was hoping for much of the same in the third (a sequel to chronicles) but from what you say it sounds more like they went back to the original for inspiration? I'll grab the blu ray as soon as it comes out and hopefully they will keep these films coming. Riddick is one of the great characters for me so it would be nice to see more on the big screen and the extended universe.
What I really enjoy about all three Riddick movies, is that you have the same writer/director on all of them. A definite picture is being painted and the 3 movies interlock w/ a cool clarity under the vision of the guy(s) in charge.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #15134
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Oblivion. 7/10
Old 09-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #15135
XMAN
Ultron

life os Pi....7.5/10
XMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #15136
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #15137
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
You've just lost all nerd cred and respect my friend. I don't even know you anymore.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #15138
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Robocop 5.5/10

You sure that's not a 5.5/5?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #15139
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Bulls, your my man. So no comment
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #15140
SONICobra
Batman

jack reacher 8/10

was pleasantly surprised by this, when it came out I heard bad things. then recently I heard a different story so I checked it out. definitely not cruise's most action packed movie but a great thriller. moves a little slow at times but overall a really good story, very much had a "24" vibe
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote