Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-28-2023, 01:57 PM   #31
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Ok wow that looks good, but makes me wonder more why this D&D license looks better than 90% of the XM DC/Marvel license pieces.

Last edited by moyiori; 02-28-2023 at 02:00 PM. Reason: added
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 06:50 PM   #32
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
New Sisko video. At 22:55 good footage of Drizzt WITH Guenhwyvar! Anybody know when this is supposed to go up for preorder? Like everything except the skin color which is WAY off. Hopefully they'll fix that.

http://https://youtu.be/03yVOMyUrk0
I dont think they've announced the release date yet. I wouldnt be surprised if it goes up for pre-order in the next few months with the film coming out. Even though the film has nothing to do with Drizzt himself.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:11 PM   #33
Thor57
Teen Titans

What’s going on with this guy? He’s been complete for quite some time and not a pre order announcement or date in site.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:21 PM   #34
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hopefully they're redoing him.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 12:52 PM   #35
wolfius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

my 16-year-old self who read The Crystal Shard roughly a million times would love an update on this.
wolfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 01:03 PM   #36
Cmac
Mephisto

I would like an update as well. The only issue I had with the statue was the sheaths needed to be reversed (though I doubt they'll change that).
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 10:21 PM   #37
Cmac
Mephisto

So, I could be wrong here, but it looks like this is releasing under another brand, "Gatherer's Tavern". BBTS has it up for preorder ($1699). The base has changed as has the pose and heads.

I'm basing this off a previously posted pic in this thread that showed an info card behind the statue with some MTG statues. The same MTG pieces on that card are also up for preorder under this brand.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:59 PM   #38
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
So, I could be wrong here, but it looks like this is releasing under another brand, "Gatherer's Tavern". BBTS has it up for preorder ($1699). The base has changed as has the pose and heads.

I'm basing this off a previously posted pic in this thread that showed an info card behind the statue with some MTG statues. The same MTG pieces on that card are also up for preorder under this brand.
Hmm, I don't know. This piece on BBTS' website is completely different. Who knows, maybe XM scrapped it and this one was created in it's place. This one looks a lot better.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 12:38 AM   #39
Rowzey
Frackin!

That could be the case. On their site it says the studio is the Gatherer's tavern design team. They were the official WOTC distributor for the previous magic the gathering statues. It also looks like they have a 3rd magic the gathering statue that I was not aware of as well. Magali Villeneuve was the concept artist for all 3 mtg statues and the Drzzt statue. Which looking at it now I can really see her influence. She is one of my favorite mtg artists her work is just amazing.

Not sure why BBTS is so high with the preorder price too. Their website has it at 1299
Rowzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 04:20 PM   #40
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Hmm, I don't know. This piece on BBTS' website is completely different. Who knows, maybe XM scrapped it and this one was created in it's place. This one looks a lot better.
I think it is the same statue, or at least a redo of that piece. It comes with a signed note from R.A. Salvatore. While I can't say it definitely, I doubt you would see two high-end Drizzt statues releasing at the same time.

As for XM . . . Maybe XM subleased the license and is producing the statues at one of their factories? The statue is made out of cold-cast porcelain just like what XM uses. When you look at Gatherer's Tavern's FB page, it seems like they were the ones presenting at the Singapore Comic-con. The MTG statues they have up on their site show "XM Studios" at the top of the listings, where this Drizzt statue shows "Gatherer's Tavern".

It's all conjecture, but I think the license is being done as a collaboration. It would be nice if XM actually gave an update so people know what is going on.