Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #361
protector2814
Phoenix

Season 4 -

The 1st episode, fun. Once again, felt like a well written Flash comic.

The 2nd episode - Jeeesh, new writers? Stupid/goofy from the music, plot & writing.

I'm more than a little worried about this new season.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #362
Y3E
Gen 13

1st Episode was ok. I just wished they dragged on Barry's absence a bit longer.

Is it me or is the actor that plays Wally skinnier? Almost sickly looking.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #363
built2shred
Phoenix

Was a bit disappointed with Flash, kind of an cheesy episode.. I can't stand the Iris character, wish they would write her out of the series... She goes from a rookie news reporter to running the show.... she's so annoying... I liked the show better when it was just about Barry, Cisco & Caitlin... The other characters only need to be part time if that...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #364
protector2814
Phoenix

From what I've gathered, the actress that plays Iris was getting pissed that all her character seemed to be there for was as the damsel in distress. I'm getting the impression that the writers have intentionally given her a more substantive position for that reason. Stupid. Why not just write her as climbing the ladder as a Reporter; like Iris is in the comics? If she wrote that "future article" that played such an important plot device in the 1st 2 seasons than what's happened to her just being a reporter?
I agree with you that the team now is just too big. It seems forced & silly.
Still, the pure Flash stuff is still great. We just need more of Barry being the Flash & a lot less of Barry being the goofy dork.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #365
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

Yeah Iris is pretty annoying. Seems like these shows on the CW have a hard time writing in the love interests. They ruined Felicity for me in Arrow and turned her into a total harpy. Caitlin looks pretty damn good this season though.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #366
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Spoilers.

Flash still has a good cast. Arrow needs to go back to just Diggle and Arrow, bring Roy back too. I can't stand Team Arrow, can't believe that none died from the big explosion. Really...was hoping they realized how awful the supporting cast was. Oh well.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #367
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn550 View Post
Yeah Iris is pretty annoying. Seems like these shows on the CW have a hard time writing in the love interests. They ruined Felicity for me in Arrow and turned her into a total harpy. Caitlin looks pretty damn good this season though.
I hated when they did the whole Felicity / Oliver love story crap, ruined the cool dynamic they had with each other for the first two seasons... Looks like their going back to the love story again this season... Starting to remind me of Smallville with the whole Lana / Clark thing which they dragged out for like 9 seasons, talking about beating a dead horse...

They need to get rid of these comic book writers and bring in some real drama writers and get these series back on track... Arrow and Flash were awesome their first two seasons and then they started trying to cram every D-Lister sidekick on the show... Team Arrow, Team Flash, blah go back to what made the shows work. And ditch the stupid wanna-be romances...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #368
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

As much as Iris needs to be there the way they write her is pretty annoying. After last nights episode though it seems like they're trading out a couple characters.

Spoiler
I think moving Wally out is good, they really write him terribly and I prefer Harrison Wells. I was kinda hoping Wally would say he's going to Keystone, but no such luck. They could have even done that and given him a spin-off but again, they need to write him better. I do like that the Thinker is playing chess with the other Metas this season though. I'm just wondering how it's going to culminate.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #369
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

The season has been weak so far. Maybe that's by design since Justice League is being released next month and DC/WB wants to send some fan love to Ezra Miller.

I still would've preferred Barry MIA for most of this fall season and watching Wally try to live up to his example in the red costume.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #370
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
The season has been weak so far. Maybe that's by design since Justice League is being released next month and DC/WB wants to send some fan love to Ezra Miller.

I still would've preferred Barry MIA for most of this fall season and watching Wally try to live up to his example in the red costume.
As poorly as Wally has been written I'm actually glad Barry is back. They at least give him more than one dimension.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote