Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

View Poll Results: shorten akuma's base?
YES 8 21.62%
NO 29 78.38%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 PM   #11
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Height difference for each statue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	107555
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:18 AM   #12
masterlei13
Birdman

although i dont really care about base height, i would prefer it to be uniform in height rather than not uniform.

also i know that none of them will be right around the same height to the other. thats why i said, for me, it should be a least 11 inches for the 1/6th. example, ryu is 5'9 while akuma is 5'10. but as we can see in the pictures or illustrations, akuma is way taller than ryu.

ive got nothing against the statue. all are exeptional pieces made by my fave and unmatched sculptor. its just that if given a preferece, id choose same base heights and at least 11 inches for 1/6th.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:15 AM   #13
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I feel people can be very stubborn here. I will repeat what I said

" The statue is 1/6, therefore you pick the actual character height up and divide by 6 - 175 / 6 = 29cm, Prototypez´s statue has 28, but once more, he is leaning foward."

Regardless the irrelevant scale problem that was created, I think it is way better to simply buy a black disc and put under Ryu´s base than change the whole plan for the future, considering that the creator himself told that this adjustment is for our own good.

Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #14
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post

" The statue is 1/6, therefore you pick the actual character height up and divide by 6 - 175 / 6 = 29cm, Prototypez´s statue has 28, but once more, he is leaning foward."

Regardless the irrelevant scale problem that was created, I think it is way better to simply buy a black disc and put under Ryu´s base than change the whole plan for the future, considering that the creator himself told that this adjustment is for our own good.

agreed
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #15
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #16
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

Agreed x9001

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	107567
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #17
masterlei13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yup! marvelous post!!

just one fact, that 175cm actual character height is without the base right?? so if we exclude the base, i think thats a 1 inch base, from the 29cm scaled statue, then he should be right around 26cm the statue itself.

well as long as the arms and legs are big enough to be sixth scale, it wouldnt be a problem.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #18
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlei13 View Post
yup! marvelous post!!

just one fact, that 175cm actual character height is without the base right?? so if we exclude the base, i think thats a 1 inch base, from the 29cm scaled statue, then he should be right around 26cm the statue itself.

well as long as the arms and legs are big enough to be sixth scale, it wouldnt be a problem.
You are correct , but as fair I know ,29 cm was without base
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #19
GrabberOrange
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Erick and team need to start polls for this kind of situation. He needs to stick with his original corrective action in keeping the base thicker than Ryu's.

It's too bad Ryu's base wasn't the same height but got to move forward because we have some big guys ahead that will need that reinforcement.
GrabberOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #20
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberOrange View Post
Erick and team need to start polls for this kind of situation. He needs to stick with his original corrective action in keeping the base thicker than Ryu's.

It's too bad Ryu's base wasn't the same height but got to move forward because we have some big guys ahead that will need that reinforcement.

its one thing to change something in order to improve it and/or make it more accurate - its another to change it because a few people think it may look "not uniform enough" displayed next to something else. erick has been more than accommodating but a line has to be drawn somewhere
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote