Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2016, 10:36 PM   #521
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Helmet is too big for sure from all pics I've seen.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:37 PM   #522
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Old 07-22-2016, 10:39 PM   #523
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post

Angle of helmet is off too with too big of crown. Not too bad and better than the scam for sure. I want it but need to see it in person.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #524
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I just watched the first video I could find of this. It looks exactly the same. That's some serious lens distortion going down...

Overall, as long as the price is lower than expected it's a guaranteed order for me. It'll be all I can get my hands on for possibly years to come. I don't have much room to bicker about the issues. I just love the pose of this. But that room to bicker expands pretty quickly if we're talking yet another $1200 predator 1/4 from SS. I still say the price tag was preying on collectors who have been starved of this kind of product, and I wouldn't put it past them to do it again here. But something tells me it's going to be cheaper than everyone is expecting...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:00 PM   #525
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Helmet is too big for sure from all pics I've seen.
Quote:
Angle of helmet is off too with too big of crown. Not too bad and better than the scam for sure. I want it but need to see it in person.
Sorry, bud. It's not a digital scan, in person, it's good. Trust me, you know I'm picky. At the end of the day, it's just a prototype. Like it or not. It is what it is. This attempt is the best I've seen without involving SWS or Legacy in terms of the look and proportions.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #526
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Not really according to the pictures I've posted of the original production. The head is in scale of it's body mass...

As for your commentary on pics: SS's own preview pictures has the same exact large head. Did they take their pictures through glass?

Again, I would kill to be wrong on this. I am still waiting for full reveal but I don't think anyone who is pro/anti big head has any ground to stand on until full reveal. It's merely opinion and only people who have seen it in the flesh can say for certain. I know some who have are telling us it looks fine but as I said, I think it's wishful thinking until full reveal proves me wrong.
It is what it is. You can go to the Con and check it out yourself. Photos never do these justice. Just go and try take "good" pics and you'll understand what I was talking about. I own the first Sideshow Preddy maquette and CM. The head on Sideshow/SWS version is smaller then it should be, hell, the entire pack and cannon are over sized. CM on the other hand, is a tad bigger but closer to the original. I'm just talking about the size, not the sculpt.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:06 PM   #527
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Sorry, bud. It's not a digital scan, in person, it's good. Trust me, you know I'm picky. :luagh: At the end of the day, it's just a prototype. Like it or not. It is what it is. This attempt is the best I've seen without involving SWS or Legacy in terms of the look and proportions.
Ok. I trust you so will order it...unless the Prime 1 piece looks better!
Old 07-22-2016, 11:11 PM   #528
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Ok. I trust you so will order it...unless the Prime 1 piece looks better!
Prime 1's version will probably be better, though it shouldn't be compared with this one but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #529
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I'm sorry thx this ain't about lens distortion. And this ain't about pics not doing justice. This is about proportions, and the proportions on the head compared to the torso look off.

You take good pictures, I challenge you to take pics that highlight your opinion.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:12 AM   #530
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I'm sorry thx this ain't about lens distortion. And this ain't about pics not doing justice. This is about proportions, and the proportions on the head compared to the torso look off.

You take good pictures, I challenge you to take pics that highlight your opinion.
Why's no one else posting pics??

If it looks off, let Sideshow know. I was there for fun and share pics when I can. I'm simply sharing what I saw, you know that.