Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #91
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
50% off clearance is live again. (I dunno when this round started or will end.)
Checked the 50% off clearance sign at my local store and it appears that the sale will go until July 14. All they’ve really done is stopped dropping clearance item prices weekly and made everything 50% off for a month. They did the same thing the last few months, but at 30% off. It’s kind of silly for some items, because something that was previously $79.99 will be put on “clearance” for $79.97 so that it can be part of the 50% off sale. This is especially funny at ThinkGeek, where the prices are the same as GameStop, sans the additional 50% off. Kotobukiya movie Flash is there on “clearance” for 2 cents less than regular cost.
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #92
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
This is especially funny at ThinkGeek, where the prices are the same as GameStop, sans the additional 50% off. Kotobukiya movie Flash is there on “clearance” for 2 cents less than regular cost.
Saw this for myself at a mall today that has both a GameStop and a ThinkGeek. Didn't buy anything bc why pay double for the same thing???
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #93
Gothamite
Phoenix

Got the weekly newsletter today, it says that the current 50% off promo ends on Friday, 07/13.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:40 AM   #94
heypaul

Hey Gothamite, do you know if there's a way to check ThinkGeek inventory online like you can with GameStop? ThinkGeek has become substantially better than GameStop when it comes to statues recently, but it's so hit or miss knowing what they have, what's on sale, if GameStop's promos apply, etc. I wish you could just search their inventory online, but haven't been able to find a way to do that.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #95
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
Hey Gothamite, do you know if there's a way to check ThinkGeek inventory online like you can with GameStop? ThinkGeek has become substantially better than GameStop when it comes to statues recently, but it's so hit or miss knowing what they have, what's on sale, if GameStop's promos apply, etc. I wish you could just search their inventory online, but haven't been able to find a way to do that.
I don't, kinda have to do things the old-fashioned way with either legwork or calling your local stores.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #96
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

T'ain't much to choose from there, Pardner! I scrolled through the offerings and almost everything is either unavailable online or for pickup only in the nether regions of my tri-state area. My local stores are pathetic stock-wise. Recently I wound up having a Funko Rock Candy Jessica Rabbit transferred to a local store by a very helpful store manager. On the plus side of the ledger, I did get a Diamond Select Psylocke online a few weeks back. Guess you just have to wait for some more surplus to manifest itself, huh?
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #97
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
T'ain't much to choose from there, Pardner! I scrolled through the offerings and almost everything is either unavailable online or for pickup only in the nether regions of my tri-state area. My local stores are pathetic stock-wise. Recently I wound up having a Funko Rock Candy Jessica Rabbit transferred to a local store by a very helpful store manager. On the plus side of the ledger, I did get a Diamond Select Psylocke online a few weeks back. Guess you just have to wait for some more surplus to manifest itself, huh/
A lot of these items have been available for the same prices since Sep-Dec of last year. It's actually taken a while for some statues to sell out.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....2&postcount=40

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=54
Old 06-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #98
heypaul

Quote:
I don't, kinda have to do things the old-fashioned way with either legwork or calling your local stores.
Darn. I used to live near an AMAZING GameStop that literally got every statue, but recently moved about 12 hours away. It hurts me every time there's something I want that my local stores don't have, then I enter my old zip code and sure enough, my old GameStop has it. The bright side is that there are ThinkGeeks near me now, but the fact that they're not matching the GameStop 30% and 50% clearance sales kind of sucks.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #99
Gothamite
Phoenix

GameStop has kept the 50% off clearance promo going, which is probably a good idea considering all the clearance stuff I see in stores.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #100
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
GameStop has kept the 50% off clearance promo going, which is probably a good idea considering all the clearance stuff I see in stores.
Methinks a group of us should charter a bus to Gotham City because that is apparently where all the worthwhile goodies at GameStop wound up!
Here in Central City (and thereabouts) the well is quite bone dry. Last statue I saw at a GS was Ragnarok Gladiator Hulk. All I ever see these days at GS are a handful or smattering of very old or obscure action figures, ball caps and coffee mugs. And that's just the clearance stuff.... new stock?? Hah! It is to laugh, Bunky. Seriously, I haven't seen diddly-squat at GameStop, Barnes and Noble, Target or Wally World of late. Even my local LCS's don't seem to order much unless prompted for specific items. As pathetic as TRU was in its death throes (I'm talking the last few years not just the last few months), occasionally they'd throw me a bone. We may truly be in the Retail Apocalypse. Rant off.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote