Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-28-2019, 03:30 AM   #801
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Spider-Man being unable to get the gauntlet to Iron Man because of his gender is completely false. I don't see how that assumption can be made at all.
so it was just a coincidence that Spidey couldn't get the job done and every girl ever to be in a marvel movie shows up to take it from him?

I think the girl power message was pretty loud and clear in that scene... the problem with "girl power" scenes is they feel forced and interrupt the flow of the movie.. the battle field was huge and everyone was spread out but somehow they all show up in that one spot at the same time... hmmm what message are they sending?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:23 AM   #802
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
so it was just a coincidence that Spidey couldn't get the job done and every girl ever to be in a marvel movie shows up to take it from him?

I think the girl power message was pretty loud and clear in that scene... the problem with "girl power" scenes is they feel forced and interrupt the flow of the movie.. the battle field was huge and everyone was spread out but somehow they all show up in that one spot at the same time... hmmm what message are they sending?
This is probably more suited for the Endgame thread but I do have to agree. I am all for a female protagonist or cast or whatever, I am just not for it feeling so forced like Marvel studios being like "Hey look over here we are woke and progressive everyone!" You can empower female heroes without making it cringy. There are many examples. Anyways, hopefully Capt Marvel is on Netflix soon and I can check it out without having to blind buy it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:36 AM   #803
Demona
Martian Manhunter

At least you're in Canada where Captain Marvel will probably show up on Netflix. Those days for US subscribers is over.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #804
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:

I hope you realize the person who finally defeated Thanos was Iron Man. You're looking for a message that's not actually there.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:09 AM   #805
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Ok thanks for all the info. Like I said, I'll probably watch it regardless because well I love comic movies. Just wanted to set expectations for myself lol... I heard there was a fight scene to No Doubt's "I'm just a girl"... is this true or was my buddy just messing with me?
Your friend is not joking.

The movie has a pretty decent soundtrack in the grand scheme of things. LOTS of female lead singer/band songs, but the highlight laugh for me is when Nirvana's "Come As You Are" came through loud and clear during a key scene.

Cobain should be spinning in his grave with corporate sell-out that song became right then. And because it was most noticeably NOT a girl band it stood out even more to me.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #806
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
It had nothing to do with Spider-Man being a man. It was because he was alone. The scene would have played out the same way if it was Black Widow trying to give Iron Man the gauntlet all by herself.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #807
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I'm curious where (and when) they go with Captain Marvel 2.

Do they spend a film following Carol finding the Skrulls a new home world or do we jump to a post Endgame story?

I strongly suspect we'll be getting an adult Monica Rambeau and the introduction of Kamala Khan as supporting characters, so this leads me to believe, at least, part of the movie is a return to Earth in later times.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #808
Augen
The Hulk

I would love to see this get made.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #809
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Whoa. What is this little piece of lovely? That is the best damn interpretation of JSC art I've ever seen. Hell -- give me a Warbird variant too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

I would love to see this get made.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #810
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Whoa. What is this little piece of lovely? That is the best damn interpretation of JSC art I've ever seen. Hell -- give me a Warbird variant too!
Posted on FB. Digital sculpt by Nil Tawata. Not sure if it will ever be produced or not.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote