Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

» Spotlight
DGK Tweeterhead Batman Exclusive DGK Diamond Select Premier Black Panther Statue DGK Kotobukiya ArtFX Spiderman & Venom 1:6 Statues Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #311
qz33
Guardians of the Universe
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,750
For me this statue will all depend on how well it matches up with the others.

Showing pieces and parts usually isn't a good strategy with these things and let's face facts these statues have been teased long enough.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:46 PM   #312
Y3E
New Mutants
 
Y3E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where the Sun doesn't shine
Posts: 8,900
I like what I see so far. Cammy is by far my favorite SF character, so if price is right, I will get all 3
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:47 PM   #313
ukshaun
Generation X
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,701
I don't sense the same level of hype that surrounded Chun-Li 1/3
I'm sure there are those with plans on picking up all 3
From what has been shown so far, i'm sensing a piece that looks more along the lines of an up_scaled 1/4 scale piece, as compared to Prime 1, the detail appears to be absent. It will be good to see higher quality images, once the finished piece(s) are complete
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:10 PM   #314
qz33
Guardians of the Universe
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I don't sense the same level of hype that surrounded Chun-Li 1/3
I'm sure there are those with plans on picking up all 3
From what has been shown so far, i'm sensing a piece that looks more along the lines of an up_scaled 1/4 scale piece, as compared to Prime 1, the detail appears to be absent. It will be good to see higher quality images, once the finished piece(s) are complete
The detail matches the previous PCS SF 1/3s.
Really I just think people are done here.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #315
dao2
Inhumans
 
dao2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The detail matches the previous PCS SF 1/3s.
Really I just think people are done here.
We haven't really been shown much but I don't agree that the detail matches. Those pair of fat hair strands are a little out of place even on a 1/4 and overall everything feels softer. Still haven't seen the whole thing so can't comment fully but even comparing to the not quite stellar Sagat pics it looks quite a bit better.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #316
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol
 
Sgt Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 8,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
We haven't really been shown much but I don't agree that the detail matches. Those pair of fat hair strands are a little out of place even on a 1/4 and overall everything feels softer. Still haven't seen the whole thing so can't comment fully but even comparing to the not quite stellar Sagat pics it looks quite a bit better.
Not quite stellar Sagat pics? I think he looks awesome and those are just first in hand pics which usually are the worst. So far I am as satisfied as I hoped to be with Sagat.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #317
qz33
Guardians of the Universe
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,750
Yeah I really do think this is great example of too much teasing coming to haunt a company.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #318
cool1sky
Fantastic Four
 
cool1sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I don't sense the same level of hype that surrounded Chun-Li 1/3
I'm sure there are those with plans on picking up all 3
From what has been shown so far, i'm sensing a piece that looks more along the lines of an up_scaled 1/4 scale piece, as compared to Prime 1, the detail appears to be absent. It will be good to see higher quality images, once the finished piece(s) are complete
Never cared for 1:3 chun. But gee, you donít say. Itís been 20 damn months since the announcement and STILL NO REVEAL. Most of the excitement and hype have fallen off a cliff. I remember being super excited for this as well as a lot of other people. I sound like a broken record at this point but Iím gonna say it again, ITS BEEN WAY TOO DAMN LONG. Almost 2 years just to make the statue is truly ridiculous, and we havenít even reached the stage after PO which takes another 2 years before we finally get the statue in hand.
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #319
dao2
Inhumans
 
dao2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Not quite stellar Sagat pics? I think he looks awesome and those are just first in hand pics which usually are the worst. So far I am as satisfied as I hoped to be with Sagat.
For first pics they look good, but they are still far from the best pics. They are only good compared to usually horrible first pics :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:37 PM   #320
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol
 
Sgt Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 8,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
For first pics they look good, but they are still far from the best pics. They are only good compared to usually horrible first pics :P
I respectfully have to disagree I think the Sagat pics look great regardless.

As far as Cammy tbh the time between the first tease of the new sculpt and the PO which will be end of this month/beginning of next month should rank as a record for PCS. Personally I think of the digital sculpt as a separate statue, the hand sculpt was scrapped and shouldn't add to the new sculpt's production time between first reveal and PO.

+ I like the new sculpt way more
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com