Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-17-2019, 12:54 AM   #701
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Honestly its whatever. I just hope whoever directed this current movie isn't ever given another Marvel project. I feel this was this characters time to shine and it was a middling affair at best (I personally did not like it).
It really did feel like a filler film rather than a film on its own merits.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #702
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Kevin Feige said that Captain Marvel will be at the forefront and leading the Marvel Universe for phase 4.
Good. They can bury the MCU along with Marvel Comics next to Stan Lee.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #703
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Little harsh, no?

Brie Larson wasn't who I would have liked in the role and I do feel the movie was average at best, but a number of people on here seem to have enjoyed it well enough. I doubt they have been manipulated or bought off by The Evil Empire that is Disney. That and the fact that it well on its way to about $1B worldwide means that the MCU just maybe might possibly be around for a few more years despite the very vocal personal opinions to the contrary.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #704
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Little harsh, no?

Brie Larson wasn't who I would have liked in the role and I do feel the movie was average at best, but a number of people on here seem to have enjoyed it well enough. I doubt they have been manipulated or bought off by The Evil Empire that is Disney. That and the fact that it well on its way to about $1B worldwide means that the MCU just maybe might possibly be around for a few more years despite the very vocal personal opinions to the contrary.
The truth is often harsh is it not?
Listen to ya..."They enjoyed it "well enough". Or Brie Larson Who you "would have liked" and felt "average at best"
There's a common theme here.
The movie would have made money regardless if it were good, bad or otherwise. It was riding on 20+ successful films prior to it..ten years of films which paved the way for it . Also it was ingeniously shoehorned in right before a very anticipated Avengers End Game. Audiences are under the impression it was necessary to view before Endgame, and would be pivotal to the plot. As for the soon to be defunct Marvel Comics, the characters they will be thrusting onto film fans like Cpt. Marvel are the same characters no one cares about and litter shelves of going out of business comic shops.
For the people backing lowering the bar and undermining the foundation of the once profitable comic franchise for early screenings or opening events or getting a "victory over trolls" ...you're to blame for the inevitable destruction of a hobby I've enjoyed for 35 years.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #705
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I thought the movie was really good. I can't believe all the negative reviews. I thought Brie Larson was good to. I really liked her.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #706
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Good. They can bury the MCU along with Marvel Comics next to Stan Lee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
The truth is often harsh is it not?
Listen to ya..."They enjoyed it "well enough". Or Brie Larson Who you "would have liked" and felt "average at best"
There's a common theme here.
The movie would have made money regardless if it were good, bad or otherwise. It was riding on 20+ successful films prior to it..ten years of films which paved the way for it . Also it was ingeniously shoehorned in right before a very anticipated Avengers End Game. Audiences are under the impression it was necessary to view before Endgame, and would be pivotal to the plot. As for the soon to be defunct Marvel Comics, the characters they will be thrusting onto film fans like Cpt. Marvel are the same characters no one cares about and litter shelves of going out of business comic shops.
For the people backing lowering the bar and undermining the foundation of the once profitable comic franchise for early screenings or opening events or getting a "victory over trolls" ...you're to blame for the inevitable destruction of a hobby I've enjoyed for 35 years.
Geez Armi!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:17 PM   #707
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I will say that I'm not a fan of rewarding mediocrity with huge success whatever the type of entertainment is. I just get the sense that Marvel could put out a turd(not saying CM is) and it would rake in money hand over fist right now. I'll get flack for this, but I think almost all Marvel movies are a bit overrated(thought WW was too) because they're the cool thing to like right now. To me it feels like there's a scale of rating a movie based on if it's a comic book movie(mainly Marvel), and if it is it gets an additional 2 points automatically. Like Black Panther and WW I feel are 7/10 possibly 8 being generous and they got near perfect ratings. There have been some great ones though, like Dredd, The Dark Knight, Infinity War and Winter Soldier.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #708
built2shred
Phoenix

It's a Marvel movie, it was going to do good regardless of who played the main character... As someone else mentioned most people feel like they need to see this before Avengers Endgame so that's a huge boost to tickets.... If it didn't have that kind of boost I doubt it would of gone past the $700 million mark...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #709
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

I really enjoyed it. Better then black panther
Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #710
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

It was an average movie, but one of the most fun Marvel movies in a while. When it was bad, it was really bad though (mainly the dialogue and some lazy screenplay decisions).

Brie was easily the best part of the movie for me. Really charismatic and it really helps that she is a pretty good actress. I´m excited to see how she will be used in the future films of the MCU.

The film is already the tenth highest grossing worldwide release in the MCU with just 12 days at the cinema. It´s doing incredible at the box office.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote