Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-03-2019, 11:28 PM   #821
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
It had nothing to do with Spider-Man being a man. It was because he was alone. The scene would have played out the same way if it was Black Widow trying to give Iron Man the gauntlet all by herself.
That whole scene was setup for a girl power moment, you can try to deny it all you want but the fact all those girls appeared out of nowhere and only girls it was pretty obvious what the message was...

If it would of just been Black Widow or just Wasp by themselves nobody would of said anything.... but Marvel wanted to beat everyone over the head with the "Girl Power" which made it a VERY cheesy scene...

And yes it did have to do with Spidey being a guy, the scene wouldn't of had as much of a "girl power" impact if it was Black Widow handing it off to all those ladies...

Anyways that's my opinion …. if you want to view it as something else that's your choice...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:14 AM   #822
nearmint
Phoenix

I don’t need every moment of an almost 3 hour movie to be targeted to me. That might be the best scene in the movie to young girls in the audience. That’s fine with me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:09 AM   #823
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That whole scene was setup for a girl power moment, you can try to deny it all you want but the fact all those girls appeared out of nowhere and only girls it was pretty obvious what the message was...

If it would of just been Black Widow or just Wasp by themselves nobody would of said anything.... but Marvel wanted to beat everyone over the head with the "Girl Power" which made it a VERY cheesy scene...

And yes it did have to do with Spidey being a guy, the scene wouldn't of had as much of a "girl power" impact if it was Black Widow handing it off to all those ladies...

Anyways that's my opinion …. if you want to view it as something else that's your choice...
After reading your comments in the Dark Phoenix thread, I see now why you interpret Avengers: Endgame in this way. I still think you’re wrong and you’re the one seeing Spider-Man’s role as “something else”, but there’s no use going back and forth on this any further.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote