Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-27-2020, 08:42 PM   #2001
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Someone changed Gothies avatar to Captain Picard with his hand over his face. Gothie then changed it to a hand giving the finger. So someone trolled Gothie and when he changed the avatar to the finger he was banned. Someone apparently has it out for him. No idea who though. Would have to be a mod to be able to change the avatar like that. There may be more to it than that but that is all I saw happen.
I didn't see the Captain Picard avatar happen. But I did see the middle finger avatar.

So was the middle finger avatar only after the Picard avatar? Or was the middle finger avatar before the Picard avatar?

Just curious ....
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #2002
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yikes.
Yeah. What you said. I wonder though...
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:14 AM   #2003
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I didn't see the Captain Picard avatar happen. But I did see the middle finger avatar.

So was the middle finger avatar only after the Picard avatar? Or was the middle finger avatar before the Picard avatar?

Just curious ....
Gothie changed it to the middle finger avatar after someone had changed it to the Picard one.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:47 AM   #2004
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Gothie changed it to the middle finger avatar after someone had changed it to the Picard one.
Surely abusing MOD privileges is against the rules.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:18 PM   #2005
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Well, went and picked up my Frank Cho Cover Girls Batgirl today. Looks great! 'Tis a bit fragile at the magnifying lens and bat-on-cape tip, but the detailing is spot-on. This marks my first statue acquisition since the COVID-19 outbreak. Sadly, the upcoming Supergirl in the series and a select few Tweeterhead pieces may pretty much do it for me. The layoff has dampened my interest along with all the Diamond Select/DC Collectibles/DC Comics feuding and associated nonsense. It has really put me off my feed, along with price increases on statues and action figures, lack of brick-and-mortar availability and even the silliness here regarding Gothamite, etc. Maybe it is just time to move on or devote far less time to a hobby I once enjoyed. I cancelled most of my pre-orders (including my Eaglemoss Star Trek ships) at my LCS and all but a literal handful of comics. I think the thrill is nearly gone. Sad.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:57 AM   #2006
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

Wow ...ok. That would explain it then.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #2007
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Well, went and picked up my Frank Cho Cover Girls Batgirl today. Looks great! 'Tis a bit fragile at the magnifying lens and bat-on-cape tip, but the detailing is spot-on. This marks my first statue acquisition since the COVID-19 outbreak. Sadly, the upcoming Supergirl in the series and a select few Tweeterhead pieces may pretty much do it for me. The layoff has dampened my interest along with all the Diamond Select/DC Collectibles/DC Comics feuding and associated nonsense. It has really put me off my feed, along with price increases on statues and action figures, lack of brick-and-mortar availability and even the silliness here regarding Gothamite, etc. Maybe it is just time to move on or devote far less time to a hobby I once enjoyed. I cancelled most of my pre-orders (including my Eaglemoss Star Trek ships) at my LCS and all but a literal handful of comics. I think the thrill is nearly gone. Sad.
I can relate to what you say Joe. I have been selling more and more of my statues and every few months go through my long boxes of comics to see what ones I wish to part with. Over two years ago I had over 50 FS Bowens and 20 long boxes of comics and now am down to 14 FS Bowens and 11 long boxes. I am very fortunate that I have not been laid off but the fear is there since so many have and I do think that comics and then statues would be the first thing to be cut. The joy is still there but not what it once was - maybe this is where life and aging comes into play.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #2008
mmk123

and I am glad that you were happy with the Cho Batgirl statue.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #2009
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I can relate to what you say Joe. I have been selling more and more of my statues and every few months go through my long boxes of comics to see what ones I wish to part with. Over two years ago I had over 50 FS Bowens and 20 long boxes of comics and now am down to 14 FS Bowens and 11 long boxes. I am very fortunate that I have not been laid off but the fear is there since so many have and I do think that comics and then statues would be the first thing to be cut. The joy is still there but not what it once was - maybe this is where life and aging comes into play.
I agree with you both on many counts. My PO list keeps getting shorter and shorter. Due to cancellations in many cases. All I have on PO now is my remaining TH statues (Linda Carter WW and the Extra Cape / Skirt, Muddy Dark Knight and then all the Super Powers except Darkseid and Black Adam) and then DC Cho Supergirl and Bombshells Huntress.

I would have gotten Darkseid but I was told I couldn't use my $15 certificates from all of my previous Super Powers purchases toward him even though others have been able to. So that kind of turned me off of completing the Super Powers line. Now I will just buy any that really appeal to me. I'll more than likely be selling several of the ones I already have. Right now all of them but Donna, Superman, Mr Mx and Supergirl are boxed up. Hopefully I will be allowed in the future to use the $255 worth of certificates I have accumulated.

Sorry, kind of went off in a different direction there.

On a more positive note. I will PO XM Supergirl and TH Ivy when they are put up. I really would love for TH to finally do a Krypto to complete my Superman/Supergirl display as well.

On the comic book front I am an avid DC reader. I only get a couple Marvel titles (Thor related). With the shakeup that DC is doing and the fact my LCS will be closing in a couple months. I will probably be done with comic books other than continuing to get Adam Hughes covers.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #2010
mmk123

Quote:

I would have gotten Darkseid but I was told I couldn't use my $15 certificates from all of my previous Super Powers purchases toward him even though others have been able to. So that kind of turned me off of completing the Super Powers line. Now I will just buy any that really appeal to me. I'll more than likely be selling several of the ones I already have. Right now all of them but Donna, Superman, Mr Mx and Supergirl are boxed up. Hopefully I will be allowed in the future to use the $255 worth of certificates I have accumulated.

Jeremy, were you given a reason why you could not use your certificates. I have only purchased 4 Tweeterhead statues directly from Tweeterhead so have $60 and hope to be able to use them. That to me does not seem right. I have read on this site that some people got statues at no cost using the reward points on Sideshow. I know that the $15 credits are no longer being used going forward starting with Darkseid but I am considering getiing Robin and Starfire and would get them from Tweeterhead since he has those still available and would like to use my credit towards them.