Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #111
Mister H
Green Goblin

I find it strange the article calls it a "Scorsese attack" The man was giving an opinion.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #112
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Ok, i give up... i haven't left any energy for this anyway...Monday Sendrom... :/ But i didn't bait anyone. I haven't put anyone's head any gun to answer me... I enjoyed the answers, i always like to talk about art, so i may get too passionet, if i broke anyone's heart, i'm sorry and i just want to say majority is not always right, talking about the majorty in the forum.
You’re absolutely right that the opinion of the majority is not always right. That’s why we’ve been saying you shouldn’t dismiss others’ opinions as art is subjective. What’s right, good, pleasing, preferred to one person may not be so to another. You’re entitled to your point of view, others are entitled to theirs. And just by way of example, when you refer to Josh as “return of the experts,” this comes across as mocking his background in art studies, dismissing his point and feels like baiting him to retaliate. This is what I meant as “baiting.”

And so we’re clear there’s no irony here, I’m addressing your statement that you didn’t bait anyone to clarify this point, not to bait you.

Last edited by wktf; 11-11-2019 at 07:10 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:53 AM   #113
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
You’re absolutely right that the opinion of the majority is not always right. That’s why we’ve been saying you shouldn’t dismiss others’ opinions as art is subjective. What’s right, good, pleasing, preferred to one person may not be so to another. You’re entitled to your point of view, others are entitled to theirs. And just by way of example, when you refer to Josh as “return of the experts,” this comes across as mocking his background in art studies, dismissing his point and feels like baiting him to retaliate. This is what I meant as “baiting.”

And so we’re clear there’s no irony here, I’m addressing your statement that you didn’t bait anyone to clarify this point, not to bait you.
It wasn't for baiting, i just teased him abit. lol I disagree about the part of art is subjective. There are different kinds of art 'cause each period in human history had different requirements for art. It's not to appeale everyone. It goes like realism kills romantism and impressionism kills realism and post impressionism kill impressionism etc. and so on...

And repeating a former art style in later period of time is wrong. That's not art. This is the two things my design teacher thought me about art. Lets agree to disagree then, i guess 'couse i don't think we will be able to agree ? and i don't want to be banned lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #114
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
It wasn't for baiting, i just teased him abit. lol I disagree about the part of art is subjective. There are different kinds of art 'cause each period in human history had different requirements for art. It's not to appeale everyone. It goes like realism kills romantism and impressionism kills realism and post impressionism kill impressionism etc. and so on...

And repeating a former art style in later period of time is wrong. That's not art. This is the two things my design teacher thought me about art. Lets agree to disagree then, i guess 'couse i don't think we will be able to agree ? and i don't want to be banned lol
And other people's art teachers have taught them differently, which is the part you don't get. Your art teacher doesn't have any insight or information available to him that others don't have as well. You have a very myopic viewpoint, and have a hard time discerning the difference between fact and opinion. Simply put, as I mentioned earlier, you're brainwashed.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote