Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

San Diego Comic-Con 2014 SDCC

We would first like to thank everyone for your patience while we conduct a lot of tests on the new registration system. We know how frustrating purchasing a badge for Comic-Con can be and while the sheer number of people who would like to attend far outnumber the badges available, we really do hope the new system will make the process less aggravating.

We have heard suggestions from many of you, as far ranging as utilizing a fee-heavy corporate ticket broker to returning to the old days of mailing in an order form. While all of the options considered had their own pros and cons, one thing was certain, the everyone-push-a-button-all-at-the-same-time model has been extremely problematic.

Working closely with the team at EPIC Registration, Comic-Con has decided to introduce a randomized waiting room. This decision was based on the number of suggestions we received and countless hours trying to find the fairest way to implement changes to what has been a problem plagued process. During 2014 badge preregistration, prospective attendees will be given a time frame in which they can log in to the EPIC waiting room prior to the badge sale. Once the badge sale begins, everyone who is inside the waiting room will be randomly assigned to a registration session. Your assigned registration session is not tied to the time you entered the waiting room. There is no advantage in arriving early.

Our hope in creating a randomized system is to alleviate the rush to purchase badges, which inevitably causes technical issues or prevents attendees from purchasing badges at all.

Again, thank you for your patience and for sticking with us! We are still in the process of load testing the system and preregistration for eligible attendees will not occur this weekend, February 1. Keep a close eye on this blog for additional tips and details in the following days.
- See more at: http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/epic....qrROeKDj.dpuf
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I guess in the future one is going to have to get creative in order to attend the show.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
FROBAY
Phoenix

I go every year and I have to say the new system is BS. Not fair to the people that haven't had a chance to go. Real shame.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Yeah things keep getting worse and worse. This new system is horrible.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #5
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

wow...i just read that and that sucks glad i'm not planning on going this year but if i do it will be a crap shot.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:09 AM   #6
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

I'll just go to the Emerald City Comic Con... less crowded, less BS.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

The problem with the Cons now is that they are becoming to pop culture... Now it's cool to be a 'Geek' or a 'Nerd' etc. and I blame media for it all day.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #8
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
The problem with the Cons now is that they are becoming to pop culture... Now it's cool to be a 'Geek' or a 'Nerd' etc. and I blame media for it all day.
I blame Kaley Cuoco!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #9
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The real BS of comic con is the whole well if you where there last year you get first dibs at tickets this year.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #10
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The real BS of comic con is the whole well if you where there last year you get first dibs at tickets this year.
Are they still going to be doing that? That's what they announced at first, but then that new message is unclear. Is that message meant for the people left over after 2013 badge holders have gotten theirs?

I have to say I like the idea of tenured attendees being taken care of. I've gone 22 years in a row and the idea that I might lose out so someone who's not even a comics fan that's just going to try and see celebrities, or to a kid who just wants to add to the crowd of the mass media area and play video games on the big screen and grab the free promo handouts, really pisses me off
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote