Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 04-12-2006, 02:38 AM   #1
pingoy82
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Gentle giant SW license?

do you guys know up to when GG holds the starwars license? particularly the bust line? if so at the rate of their release of 4-6 busts per year what do you want still made?
pingoy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:46 AM   #2
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Lando with a Colt 45 Variant
The real emperor not that crap coming out
The Emperial Guards
Tie Pilots
Snow Trooper
Luke, Leia, & Han from Empire
Old Ben
a Jawa
Jedi Luke with a Green Saber
Pretty much from IV V VI I'll be happy.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:58 AM   #3
pingoy82
A day without sunshine is like... night.

so when dose the license end? I thought about this coz at www.rebelscum.com the recent Q & A section.

1.With all the new [Gentle Giant] Episode I (Maul and Qui-Gon) and Episode III (Clones and Grievous) been announced are the rest of the Jedi council going to be represented? Would love to see Ki-Adi-Mundi, Coleman Trebor and Plo Koon. What happened to the Sidious bust? The release date has been a bit vague. Any news?

- I don't know about the entire Jedi Council making it to Mini-Bust form, but I'm sure we'll see a select few before Gentle Giant wraps things up. I would guess the biggies like Ki-Adi and Plo Koon are a safe bet, but I personally wouldn't expect to see the likes of Coleman Trebor. There's probably a better chance of seeing the complete Jedi Council in the Bust-Ups line, but nothing has been mentioned yet. As for the Palpatine/Darth Sidious mini-bust, I hear it has shipped to retail/distributors and should be showing up very soon. No delay, just the standard operating procedure…

"before gentle giant wraps things up" now the question is when is that?
pingoy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:26 AM   #4
Jedi Master Dave
Fantastic Four

Of The Jedi I Want Ayla, Shaak Ti, Ki Adi,plo Kloon, Saesee Tinn Luminara Would Be Great As Colman But Doubt Them But Never Know
Jedi Master Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #5
RodLonghi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

With their 2-3 FS 1/6 statue releases per year, I hope it lasts at least a decade more.
RodLonghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #6
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I really, really like the GG line, but the release schedule is pathetic, although this year it looks like they've fginally gotten around to increasing their releases. I wish they'd step up their SW bust release rate to at least 12/year (I mean can one a month be so hard?). That way they could get to a lot of the favorites collectors have been wanting for years, like (my picks) cloud city Lando, bun hair Leia, Farmboy Luke, Jedi Luke, Slave Leia, Obi Wan, Ben Kenobi, Tie Pilot, Royal Guard, Imperial Guard, Droid Troopers (variants), Emperor, Dark Anakin, little Anakin, Jar Jar (wesa free!), Mace with saber, Jedi Council members, Shaak Ti, Aayla, not to mention more XU.
I'm sure this is their biggest money maker. And they also have the Harry Potter License. You'd think GG would own this market.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #7
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

atat driver
tie pilot
IV leia
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #8
ol'canuckle
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Jedi Council Top picks would be Shaak Ti....Aayla secura...Plo Koon...Saesee Tiin....Baris Offee and Luminara and Obi from EP III
ol'canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:57 AM   #9
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
I really, really like the GG line, but the release schedule is pathetic, although this year it looks like they've fginally gotten around to increasing their releases. I wish they'd step up their SW bust release rate to at least 12/year (I mean can one a month be so hard?). That way they could get to a lot of the favorites collectors have been wanting for years, like (my picks) cloud city Lando, bun hair Leia, Farmboy Luke, Jedi Luke, Slave Leia, Obi Wan, Ben Kenobi, Tie Pilot, Royal Guard, Imperial Guard, Droid Troopers (variants), Emperor, Dark Anakin, little Anakin, Jar Jar (wesa free!), Mace with saber, Jedi Council members, Shaak Ti, Aayla, not to mention more XU.
I'm sure this is their biggest money maker. And they also have the Harry Potter License. You'd think GG would own this market.
Your'e preaching to the choir!
GG has a great thing on their hands and they are kind of squandering it.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:22 AM   #10
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage
Your'e preaching to the choir!
GG has a great thing on their hands and they are kind of squandering it.
Squandering it............. isn't wrong
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote