Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #10651
bat_collector
Galactus

The Thing (prequel) 6/10 And I'm being generous. I was tempted to give it 4/10 until the ending kinda turned out all right.

Sorry, I'm not getting the love for this one. I thought this was supposed to be an all norweigian crew, yet they somehow managed to get a lot of Ameicans in the movie just to make the viewing audience happy. I thought Joel Edgerton's role was stupid, and the main chick was just boring.

Could have been much better. I enjoyed some of it, but this doesn't hold a candle to the original, and probably why it bombed at the box office as badly as it did.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #10652
risingstar
Jedi Order

Cars - Pixar 7/10
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #10653
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Wrath of the Titans 6/10. Better CGi but story not as good as the first. It's clear Sam Worthington is not capable of carrying a movie nor is he an actor.

Last edited by Bullseye; 04-01-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #10654
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The Immortals 6/10
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #10655
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Wrath of the Titans 6/10. Better CGi but story not as good as the first. It's clear Sam Worthington is annoy carry a movie nor is he an actor.

Is there a word or two missing from your last sentence?

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #10656
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Is there a word or two missing from your last sentence?

Bloody iPhone.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #10657
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Did a chunk of work yesterday, so I chose a theme for background noise, as usual; this time, it was "modern" conflict.

Hard to work though when you're tearing up.. even just listening to key parts of these movies (or the music) hits me emotionally.

Tears of the Sun - 9/10; still the best Navy SEALs movie out there. A gorgeous representation of the jungles of Africa, its people and their culture, mixed with the best and worst humanity has to offer. Bruce Willis and Monica Bellucci turn in fantastic performances, as well.

Movies like this one proved to me years ago that Rotten Tomatoes' score isn't always the "end-all-be-all" authority on movies.

Black Hawk Down - 10/10; I have a friend who served in "the Mog" around this time, and he saw this movie once, and he said "once is enough". He wasn't involved in any of the rescue teams, though he said everyone on his base, himself included, wanted to drop everything and head to that city to get them out.
The movie's excellent, from start to finish. Hartnett does a great job, but this movie is what made me a fan of Eric Bana.

Saving Private Ryan - 10/10; I've been to the beaches of Normandy ("Omaha"/"Utah") and the US National Cemetary there, for the 60th anniversary of the landings there. Some wonderful ceremonies were taking place there that summer (2004; France was one of the countries my wife and I honeymooned at). Plus, we found that they hadn't cemented up EVERY German beachhead bunker, and got some great pictures inside of one. Go there! Hit up Italy too, while you're at it. Yes, I'm rambling.
SPR is a fantastic movie, though.. I always forget the wide range of stars that have bit parts in it. This time around, I recognized Paul Giamatti.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #10658
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

The lorax. 7/10

Although full of political environmental statements, it was entertaining. Now from my 4 1/2 grandaughters perspective, 10/10.

Saw previews of an upcoming new pixar movie, Brave, and looks like pixar has another hit on their hands.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #10659
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Wrath of the Titans 6/10. Better CGi but story not as good as the first. It's clear Sam Worthington is not capable of carrying a movie nor is he an actor.
I'm inclined to agree with you on Sam Worthington. I thought CoT was a bit of mindless fun, but I was fully expecting Perseus to say "G'day Zeus mate, how bout a cold one"
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #10660
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Quote:
I have no idea how Hollywood thinks he can be the lead.

He was barely adequate in Avatar in a generic "John Smith" role. People saw it for the 3D gimmick.

I'm not impressed with any of his movies.. he sorta has the same expressions in every one of them.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote