Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-05-2023, 08:39 AM   #91
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hats off to Prime 1 for making a statue that excites me about this hobby again.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:42 AM   #92
worstgamerever

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
It could be age or just statue fatigue.
I think its statue fatigue but nothing new has interested me for a while and then I see this statue out of nowhere and I'm so excited!
Old 10-05-2023, 04:06 PM   #93
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
I think its statue fatigue but nothing new has interested me for a while and then I see this statue out of nowhere and I'm so excited!
Out of curiosity what/when was the last piece you own that you had to have or were excited about? Not counting this of course.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:54 AM   #94
worstgamerever

That I was really, really excited about - had to have and would never sell? Two pieces, actually. XM Justice League vs Darkseid dio and XM X-Men vs Sentinel Dio. Uman Studios Witch King is a honourable mention. The rest? I look smile and let others enjoy them. I don't collect standalone statues - it has to tell a story, like a diorama does, so my life is easier in that regard.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:38 AM   #95
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

After picking up a lot of statues between 2019 and 2022, I planned to be done with statues, at least for a while, before seeing this. I already have my space the way I want it and have all my favorite characters/games covered. My last was the custom Wolverine X-Force that I had been coveting for years. But I'm a big fan of this IP and didn't like any of the other Last of Us statues so far so I dipped my toe back in the game for this.

Hopefully going to be done again for a while.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 12:51 PM   #96
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
That I was really, really excited about - had to have and would never sell? Two pieces, actually. XM Justice League vs Darkseid dio and XM X-Men vs Sentinel Dio. Uman Studios Witch King is a honourable mention. The rest? I look smile and let others enjoy them. I don't collect standalone statues - it has to tell a story, like a diorama does, so my life is easier in that regard.
Wow it has been a while. Those dios went up for preorder when I first started collecting with the Witch King being the most recent and even then that was a few years ago. You sound exactly like how I feel with PVC anime figures. I collect more casualwear pieces now. I feel they tell a story beyond what we know about the character and bring more life to the piece.

Example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3156742.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	165193  
Old 10-16-2023, 04:40 PM   #97
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
If you want the piece that bad go for it. I've seen pieces on P1 go low stock or sold out and then miraculously have full stock again a year later. Happened with Last Knight Megatron. Sold out everywhere eventually including P1. A year goes by and suddenly P1 has full stock again that sat for over 2 years. Not saying this is the same situation but don't think they're not counting on your FOMO. If this is a grail to you then bite.

Just for reference Secret Compass, Comic Concepts and BBTS have the piece for preorder. Nothing yet from all the rest. I'm going to hold out for another week or two then grab it from SC or CC.
You think that is due to people cancelling or Prime1 producing statues in batches?

Just bought the game. If it's as good as people say it is, then I might buy this statue.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 09:36 PM   #98
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
You think that is due to people cancelling or Prime1 producing statues in batches?
Not really sure. Maybe cancellations or found more stock. It?s happened to a few DC pieces too. I don?t think it?s like Queen Studios release in batches.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:17 AM   #99
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I put in my preorder with Sideshow this week. Started playing The Last of Us Part I on PC for about a month and it's quickly becoming a favorite like Nier Automata.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 10:52 AM   #100
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
I put in my preorder with Sideshow this week. Started playing The Last of Us Part I on PC for about a month and it's quickly becoming a favorite like Nier Automata.
Sounds like ND fixed the PC issues. Game was a broken mess at release.