Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #61
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sideshow could make them too. They just don’t. XM has always intentionally made the characters that Sideshow doesn’t so they could get into the market with a bang.

Sideshow doesn’t believe that fans actually want these pieces. I have no idea who the hell they are asking, but it’s clearly not the right group.

I love what XM did with Iceman. He looks amazing and I like whatever technique they used.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #62
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Then it wouldn't be Archangel. It will be Angel.

Archangel with feather wings won't make sense.
Unless I’m mistaken, at some point in the comics he was changing back and forth. Granted, I’d prefer “Archangel” , but would love a switch out head and wings so that I could display both. - also... there’s only so much room for display.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #63
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Why does XM get to make all these characters while ssc revisits the same characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sideshow could make them too. They just don’t. XM has always intentionally made the characters that Sideshow doesn’t so they could get into the market with a bang.

Sideshow doesn’t believe that fans actually want these pieces. I have no idea who the hell they are asking, but it’s clearly not the right group.

I love what XM did with Iceman. He looks amazing and I like whatever technique they used.
A lot has to do with Marvel/Disney themselves, it's not just all SS/XM.

Maybe to have the world wide license Marvel/Disney wants them to be able to do minimum 1k plus ES edition size ?

Then XM having the limited licensing they are ok with there edition sizes MTO with a 200 minimum or so ES?

I agree SS needs to at least have fan's sometimes have a say, like "here's the concept art, if we can get 500 confirmed PO's we can get Marvel/Disney to approve"
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #64
Demona
Martian Manhunter

XM can't have the worldwide license because Sideshow has it and will NOT allow another hand in their cash cow pie. It's just that simple. It has nothing to do with edition size. IF XM was allowed to have a worldwide license, they would make more statues because North American collectors would have easy ordering access without crazy shipping.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #65
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Unless I’m mistaken, at some point in the comics he was changing back and forth. Granted, I’d prefer “Archangel” , but would love a switch out head and wings so that I could display both. - also... there’s only so much room for display.
Yeah, I think that was during one of the X-Force or Uncanny X-Force story lines.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:17 AM   #66
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yeah, I think that was during one of the X-Force or Uncanny X-Force story lines.
Yeah. He’s has been changing back and forth from Angel to specifically Uncanny X-Force black/silver costume Archangel for years now and he still does to this day.

“X of Swords” Part 1 Apocalypse makes a comment about it:

I honestly don’t remember seeing him do anything else important since last year in House of X when he was resurrected and he had feather wings when that happened. But in the previous issue when they all died he had metal wings.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:11 AM   #67
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Any updates on this or ideas when this might be revealed/put up for PO? I really like this and really really really want an Archangel 1/4 so this might actually be the first XM X-Men character I am willing to cough up money for since SS won't make/announe an Archangel anytime soon.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:30 AM   #68
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

"reach for the sky.... to infinity and beyond"
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:34 AM   #69
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Any updates on this or ideas when this might be revealed/put up for PO? I really like this and really really really want an Archangel 1/4 so this might actually be the first XM X-Men character I am willing to cough up money for since SS won't make/announe an Archangel anytime soon.
Rogue and Psylocke are being painted right now. Beast and Archangel are in the printing process. I don't think we will see them painted this month, maybe next one ?
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:19 PM   #70
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

can someone confirm if this is classic jim lee or x-force archangel? i saw bmutha saying is xforce
isaac_31f is offline   Reply With Quote