Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-18-2021, 08:49 PM   #51
WhistlingTime
Birdman

This would certainly be a sight to see in person. Don't expect I ever will though.

If there was ever a collection centrepiece for the hardcore MCU/Thanos fan, this is it. I can't imagine those 99 lasting too long. Very impressive.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:52 PM   #52
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I would have rather had one priced at around 3500 without the torso, but with the arm.
It could look odd with the arm attached but missing the torso?

The first head bust and Infinity gauntlet together would look decent. Won't have the same presence though.

This piece is much bigger than megatron, so that one can't exceed 5k imo. Prob be in the early 4000s
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:19 PM   #53
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Price seems about right compared to other QS statues given the size and detail.

Would be awesome in a space that was dedicated to Movie Prop collections as the first item you see.

On a different note... would prefer a Darkseid
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:22 PM   #54
Vader
Ghost

This is more than both thanos and the hulk from the first series. I like it, but its pricey.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:51 PM   #55
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Wow 10K here, crazy money, but it will sell out. Congrats to those that get this, would be the stand out in anyones collection.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:12 AM   #56
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Maybe I’d be interested if the arm wasn’t off scale (it’s way too small)...but then again if this sells out, then next year they might make one with both arms
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:12 AM   #57
Dundee
Hydra

The arm scale looks ok to me. Maybe it's not facing forward so doesn't look as big from that angle. That chap posing with it has some guns, though it doesn't compare to Thano's
Old 01-19-2021, 03:24 AM   #58
qz33
Rescue

So let's see...

1st the arm. Seems small scale. The fist looks okay but the part between the torso and fist looks short and undersized. Even if it technically isn't it looks that way which is all that really matters.

Next is this is listed as being polystone whereas the 1st one was silicone. Not sure if this prototype is silicone or plastic but definitely not polystone yet. Unlikely polystone will look as good as this proto or the previous silicone bust. Won't be translucent and lines will be less crisp.

Price isn't too bad. Most of Queen's busts are ~3K so $6,500 is maybe just a little high. I always laugh when people balk at prices then proceed to order 2-3 other pieces all totaling the same amount.
If somehow it is delivered looking exactly like this then it will be a real showpiece.
Shipping on this will be devastating.

7K+ is just too much for a Chinese collectible with an unknown final result.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:49 AM   #59
Dundee
Hydra

Had a look at the prototype pics on Sugotoys website, looks stunning to say the least. If the arm and fist is technically correct and precise in measurements, then that is all that matters, I wouldn't go by subjective perception as these can be distorted by the camera lens distortion.

Thought the face would be silicone, if not it would require a lot of skill and time to perfect little details. It's still very possible to nail this using polystone.

They did nail the Arnie and Loki busts, which now sell in the 4-5k range on ebay, so twice the size for 6.5k + low ES seems reasonable.

They also aced the Bale batman portrait and current 1/4 Ledger joker also looks to be a winner. Unknown final result for this piece (as is the case for all newly showcased statues) but definitely not an unknown result company wise. Going by their history, I'd say there the most consistent company atm.

Your last point doesn't make sense, as most, if not all collectibles are now mass produced in China anyway. I don't recall any of them in recent times to be made in Japan or the USA. Even the genisys endo which sells for a staggering 10k managed to sell 50 and 3 years counting the result is still unknown, was produced in factories from China. If we wanted these pieces to be produced in the States, Japan, or Europe it'd end up costing 14k+ for a piece like this, which would be an even bigger financial risk.

7k plus may be too much for you and most of us here, but there are plenty of rich folks and if they are die hard fans, they wouldn't blink at all.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:42 AM   #60
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well said. £10k is chump change for a lot of people. Just because some of us can't wrap our heads around spending this on a statue (myself included) doesn't mean they aren't folks out there who love comics and have the income.

This is a fantastic piece, through and through. There is something dark and menacing about it. And it has a presence beyond even a life-size bust. No need for the sour grapes, the thing is really good.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote