Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #3461
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
an awesome non museum pose Archangel. His wing span would probably be huge tho so not sure how they would cost effectively pull that one off.
They could do a museum pose Archangel, but the wings would have to be closed (furled around him) like Iron Studios did with Hawkman...but yeah, a dynamic flying pose might be a little unwieldy.

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #3462
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The XM statue is actually a collectible with the edition size less than 450. Nobody will be able to claim that when Sideshow creates 3500 of their Storm statue.

That Hawkman piece is stunning. I love it and think Archangel, or even Angel, would look majestic posed like that.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:31 AM   #3463
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah, SS never creates anything collectible. Need to just close this section down.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:24 PM   #3464
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
My husband said - why didn't you tell me to get a XM Storm statue? I told you that we would buy dupes to resell one!

I mean....I didn't see that statue going for $3K!
Arguably the best female superhero statue out there. A grail for sure.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #3465
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
We have a long way to go until NYCC, I would hope another X-Man gets shown sooner than that. I'm down for just starting a new set of looks. F the Lee line. Sorry for those hoping for a "set" that was never a "set" to begin with.
SS have big shoes to fill to come close to XM Storm. Either way I'm all over it when it happens. Jim Lee line is from my era, so I'd be super excited for that version (in White costume).

Don't mind me, I'm just being an ASS. I know you hate that version.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #3466
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
SS have big shoes to fill to come close to XM Storm. Either way I'm all over it when it happens. Jim Lee line is from my era, so I'd be super excited for that version (in White costume).

Don't mind me, I'm just being an ASS. I know you hate that version.
Wait, I thought you and Demona were at odds on this, with you being pro-white and Demona pro-silver...or am I thinking of someone else?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #3467
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Arguably the best female superhero statue out there. A grail for sure.
A Grail made with more than 400 copies... If you consider the collectors' propensity to see Grails everywhere, it gives us tens of thousands of potential Grails in this hobby. That’s a lot.
For me, a Grail would rather be a single copy, such as a prototype of a statue that would have been eventually cancelled. But to each its own
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #3468
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
A Grail made with more than 400 copies... If you consider the collectors' propensity to see Grails everywhere, it gives us tens of thousands of potential Grails in this hobby. That’s a lot.
For me, a Grail would rather be a single copy, such as a prototype of a statue that would have been eventually cancelled. But to each its own
Yes, exactly.

The word is really abused in this hobby. It should be reserved for absolute best, extremely difficult or virtually impossible to acquire items, that best represent the hobby. In comic terms, the Action 1 or Detective 27 equivalent.

For statue collectors, any expensive piece that they want to hype up is a grail.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #3469
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Yes, exactly.

The word is really abused in this hobby. It should be reserved for absolute best, extremely difficult or virtually impossible to acquire items, that best represent the hobby. In comic terms, the Action 1 or Detective 27 equivalent.

For statue collectors, any expensive piece that they want to hype up is a grail.
That word means nothing in this hobby anymore.

One person will call the OG Hulk a grail and the next person will call the new iron studios Hulk a grail.

and yes there are people out there who call call a certain statue a grail just to drive up the price/worth. Happens with customs all of the time. Licensed we've seen it with Storm and Scorpion.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #3470
WeaponX23
Doh!

Thanks for the input everybody, really appreciate it!
I have dark phoenix which I think pairs well with brown suit Wolvie and yellow suit and I know Jean will too, Her and Logan are my favorites so prob go with Jean first. I think having her with Wolverine and then hopefully Cable and Cyke will look great all together despite the different bases on Cable and Wolverine.

Not the best pic but love these two

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170212_092248.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	132335
WeaponX23 is offline   Reply With Quote