Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Iron Studios Scarlet Witch BDS Avengers Endgame

I just got Scarlet Witch hot off the UPS truck. First few photos attached here are from right out of the box. I wanted to note that the energy swirls and floating rocks are molded in a clear flexible plastic. And as you can see in the attached photos are warped in a position inconsistent with the prototype. Not to worry, this was fixed by a hair dryer. I'll show fixes in the next post.

I was surprised to find out that her necklace is a real metal chain. It was wedge under a lock of hair but it didn't take much to free it. Overall, I am quite happy with this little figure. Thanos cost too much for get just for a diorama. If I can get him cheaper, I might consider it. But for now, I will be happy with my mini Elizabeth Olsen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6820.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	566.8 KB
ID:	132121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6821.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	651.1 KB
ID:	132122  
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Decided to go outside to take in shade and one in sunlight photo.

I used the hairdryer to reposition the two forward-most energy/rock parts. I didn't bother to check how close I am to the prototype. I just wanted those parts to look like she's swinging the rocks around her towards Thanos.

So there is one major complaint. She is top heavy, plus the narrow and tapered base makes her easy to tip over. It doesn't take much force to push on her right forearm and to her left for her to topple over. This is just poor design plain and simple. As far as I can tell these are all PVC and/or ABS, so I doubt there will be an chips or shatters. But make sure to display on a stable location. This could have been fixed by making another piece of earth and gluing it to the base. I am not sure how this could missed on the prototype.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6829.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	132123   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6847.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	132124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6837.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	884.4 KB
ID:	132125   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6840.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	965.2 KB
ID:	132126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6843.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	132127  

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Decided to go outside to take in shade and one in sunlight photo.

I used the hairdryer to reposition the two forward-most energy/rock parts. I didn't bother to check how close I am to the prototype. I just wanted those parts to look like she's swinging the rocks around her towards Thanos.

So there is one major complaint. She is top heavy, plus the narrow and tapered base makes her easy to tip over. It doesn't take much force to push on her right forearm and to her left for her to topple over. This is just poor design plain and simple. As far as I can tell these are all PVC and/or ABS, so I doubt there will be an chips or shatters. But make sure to display on a stable location. This could have been fixed by making another piece of earth and gluing it to the base. I am not sure how this could missed on the prototype.
Looks good. I get mine Thursday. I think this is a pretty good likeness to the actress.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
nameivom
The Herculoids

Getting this sometime this week. Held up in shipping due to you know....

I also got the rescue suit Pepper Potts a few weeks ago and it turned out nice.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:47 PM   #5
edrocketsfan
Doh!

I just received this statue on Friday after ordering it directly from Sideshow's website and I have to admit that I am very impressed with the head sculpt, which is very pretty. It does a great job of resembling actress Elizabeth Olson as the Scarlet Witch. It's a nicely detailed and painted piece, especially for being as small as it is (8.2 inches tall). I appreciate the fact that the necklace is made out of actual metal, which is a nice touch. However, the statue is a bit top heavy and it isn't stable like some of the other Iron Studios 1/10th scale pieces. The base itself should've been a bit heavier and wider. The statue and the diorama display base are made out of polystone. However, the energy effects are made out of a pliable and flexible plastic. They would've been susceptible to breaking had they been made out of polystone like the rest of the statue. I have it in it's box, which obviously eliminates the stability issue. Otherwise, it's a solid release on the part of Iron Studios!
edrocketsfan is offline   Reply With Quote