Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Frank Cho's "Kidnapped" Print

I got this print today by Frank Cho. It looked cool so I figured I'd pick it up and was pretty cheap. Found it in the prints section of an LCS. It's printed on thick stock paper, stored in a mylar sleeve with a cardboard backing. The dimensions from edge to edge are 12"x18"

I looked this up on the net and apparently these were numbered out of 500. The problem is on my copy there's no serial number whatsoever. All the text say:

KIDNAPPED
by Frank Cho
2001 Comic Book Expo
San Diego

ART COPYRIGHT 2001 FRANK CHO ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
FROM IS ART: THE ART OF INSIGHT STUDIOS
PRINT PRODUCED BY GRAPHITTI DESIGNS

So if mine isn't numbered, what release was it a part of? Extra copies that weren't numbered? The ones I found online also supposedly were signed by Frank Cho. I can't seem to find any copies of this print that were not numbered. I don't think it's a fake or a reproduction as it looks pretty legit, and plus I got at a LCS that doesn't sell knock offs of any sort that I know of. I found it with a thick coat of dust in the art/prints rack all the way in the back of the store where nobody usually visits.

In any case, if it is a repro it's still no big deal. Still looks pretty cool. I just want to know if any of you have more info about this print.

Here's a snap of it.

thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Nice pick up!

There's a whole series of SDCC Comic Book Expo prints from the late 90's to early 2000's. Every year had a different artist focus. Frank Miller, Arthur Suydam, Jeff Smith, etc.

There were always (to my knowledge) a signed/numbered version and an unsigned version. I have about 5 different unsigned prints as I was always a "guest" of my friend who was attending the expo as a dealer. He kept the signed print, I got the unsigned version. It was a fair trade since he has the Diamond account I order all my goodies from lol

Sadly, I never got that Frank Cho print but it's very nice! I didn't get to attend that year lol
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote