Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #101
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I'm wondering about the hate for Berry as Storm. I thought she looked the part pretty well and except for the one bit with Toad (You can blame the writers for that fiasco and the editor for not realizing it sounded lame) I thought she did ok.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #102
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm wondering about the hate for Berry as Storm. I thought she looked the part pretty well and except for the one bit with Toad (You can blame the writers for that fiasco and the editor for not realizing it sounded lame) I thought she did ok.

I like Halley Berry as storm.... Even though the movie version doesn't match the punk version of Storm in the comic book but that's kind of true with most of the movie characters.. I just don't think you can compare the movies to the comics.

As for putting the X-Men in their bright yellow costumes I think that would be a huge mistake, what works in comics doesn't always work in movies and those costumes IMO would be really cheesy looking on the big screen.

As for Cyclops being in the movies I'm not really sure about that, at the end of the stand alone Wolverine movie we saw the older Prefessor X meeting the young Scott for the first time, so in order to do Cyclops in future movies given they've gone back in time now would have to break the continuity of the other films.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #103
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I like this Storm.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #104
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post

I like this Storm.
Who doesn't? My Gawd!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #105
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Halle Berry as Storm gets entirely too much hate, especially for a line that someone else wrote in a scene that someone else directed, as if another actress would have somehow said something different. That said I never thought she was the best choice for the role. Nor did I think Angela Bassett was somehow the answer. I would have much preferred a young Iman type--with an Ethiopian or Somalian bone structure. Someone like Fatima Siad from America's Next Top Model who is Somali/Ethoipian mix and is 5'9". She has that perfect exotic look and with a white wig and blue contacts she would be absolutely stunning. I hope when the role is recast they go for someone like that.

Every time I think of the original Fantastic Four movie I think the perfect Reed Richards would have been a 40ish Jeff Goldblum. Not only did he look the part, but has the acting ability to spout off the science geekspeak like he did in Jurassic Park and the Fly.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #106
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Halle Berry as Storm gets entirely too much hate, especially for a line that someone else wrote in a scene that someone else directed, as if another actress would have somehow said something different. That said I never thought she was the best choice for the role. Nor did I think Angela Bassett was somehow the answer. I would have much preferred a young Iman type--with an Ethiopian or Somalian bone structure. Someone like Fatima Siad from America's Next Top Model who is Somali/Ethoipian mix and is 5'9". She has that perfect exotic look and with a white wig and blue contacts she would be absolutely stunning. I hope when the role is recast they go for someone like that.

Every time I think of the original Fantastic Four movie I think the perfect Reed Richards would have been a 40ish Jeff Goldblum. Not only did he look the part, but has the acting ability to spout off the science geekspeak like he did in Jurassic Park and the Fly.
But who would have been a better pick in 2000 than Halle Berry?
Old 09-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #107
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

someone with African features rather than someone who is mixed raced. nothing against that.
but i too would agree with nexus that Storm def should have looked the part as though she was from Africa.
lets face it. Halle just doent fit that description regardless how attractive she is physically.

although Angela Basset would have been a better choice as far as looks goes, but Genevieve Nnaji and African actress would have been a pretty good choice.

at least thats how i have always envisioned her as looking. if Storm is biracial then i guess Halle wasn't all that bad of a choice.
but the way Storm is portrayed or looks in the comics she has always come off to me as being African.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #108
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Concludes ‘First Class’ Story; May Include Cable & Psylocke
http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalyp...sylocke-cable/

If only there was a separate First Class trilogy entirely shot by Vaughn, sigh.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #109
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
someone with African features rather than someone who is mixed raced. nothing against that.
but i too would agree with nexus that Storm def should have looked the part as though she was from Africa.
lets face it. Halle just doent fit that description regardless how attractive she is physically.

although Angela Basset would have been a better choice as far as looks goes, but Genevieve Nnaji and African actress would have been a pretty good choice.

at least thats how i have always envisioned her as looking. if Storm is biracial then i guess Halle wasn't all that bad of a choice.
but the way Storm is portrayed or looks in the comics she has always come off to me as being African.
Agreed. Alternatively Lupita Nyong'o is a phenomenal, Oscar winning, actress who would fit the bill. Her involvement SW7 may be enough franchise role wise though
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #110
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Agreed. Alternatively Lupita Nyong'o is a phenomenal, Oscar winning, actress who would fit the bill. Her involvement SW7 may be enough franchise role wise though
yeah she would,. your right. i forgot all about her. but i was mainly talking about Genevieve Nnaji being cast as storm back when x-men was first being produced. she would have been 25 then.

yeah i cant wait to see her in SW7. my guess she will be a jedi master or padawan. def a jedi. but man, if they make her a sith apprentice kind of like Assajj, that would be sick as hell.

but yeah Lupita Nyong'o would be perfect for AOA.
specially if they are going to do the mohawk version of Storm,.

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote