Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #41
SeekNdestroy
Frackin!

Thanks . Weird that Weta still allows you to go through with the purchase. Are they known for doing that and then later saying it’s not available perhaps?
SeekNdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:49 PM   #42
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That sucks! I generally post that info here but there isn’t a lot of Weta activity on these boards unfortunately so it slipped my mind.

Are you on their mailing list? If not make sure you are as you’ll get email notifications of these sales in addition to being notified of new product before it’s available to purchase.
I am on the list, but that account I don't check as often
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #43
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekNdestroy View Post
Thanks . Weird that Weta still allows you to go through with the purchase. Are they known for doing that and then later saying it’s not available perhaps?
Yes, they have oversold before, but if it isn't a limited ed piece it may just ship when the next batch is in stock so you should be ok.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #44
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDWalker View Post
I just received my first print. Still waiting on the second, it’s literally a print with elastic band in a tube (not sealed with tape/staples). They could easily condense orders like this to one tube - it’s just laziness.
Trust me, it isn't worth having a stock guy cram them in the same tube, its just asking for damage. They should be able to strap the individual tubes together though.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #45
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
No, that's not the case. It'll just be sent to you when it comes back in stock as it's an open edition, and still quite new. It happened to me last year when ordering Hobbit holes on Black Friday, two were sent to me straight away and the other one a bit later when in stock.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #46
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
I went to order 3 of the mini statues for $150. However, when selecting the shipping for each item in the cart, for one of the items (Bilbo Baggins), it said not in stock and did not provide a shipping date like the others, even though it still allows you to purchase. I called Weta and they asked me to send a screen shot. I did and they responded quickly and said that it’s not in stock in the US warehouse, which is where I’m ordering from. My question is since it still allows me to order, will it just ship from one of their other warehouses or is it safe to say I missed out on this piece? I emailed Weta with that question but unfortunately they haven’t responded yet like they did my first message.
I ordered 3 for 150.00. Two of them were Gandalf on Gwaihir and it said out of stock in US but will ship when in stock. Lol, they shipped the next day.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #47
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Fell Beast Bust $249 on Flash Sale. Just a crazy price for a $699 bust. Couldn’t resist.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #48
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Fell Beast Bust $249 on Flash Sale. Just a crazy price for a $699 bust. Couldn’t resist.
Got one myself.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:09 PM   #49
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It's a killer deal on on a nice piece - not sure why this didn't get more love.
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:49 PM   #50
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Wow, that was a steal, I forgot to check again today and missed it