Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #51
ukshaun
Hercules

On the subject of Ferrari, the F50 is my favourite, to look at atleast.
These days it commands lottery winner prices.

I make do with this F50 1/12 from Tamiya
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #52
The Co11ector
Birdman
Adamantium Member

At first I felt Jerry washed his hands of PCS and abandoned the forums, but its a huge boost to my morale to see he's still here as a collector now. Good to see you OuttaSight!
The Co11ector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:13 PM   #53
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Jerry,
Now that you moved to Nevada, what is the best place to buy a property in ur opinion? I have noticed that the Northeast side of Vegas is cheaper with no HOA's. Im looking to make a move this summer

thanks bud!
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #54
AkumaParallax
Fantastic Four

Not jerry. But long time Vegas resident that can help answer your questions. As far as best area to live in. I would say as far as safety summerlin or Henderson. Summerlin is a little uppity so expect an HOA but your property will definately retain its value and appreciate well. Henderson is variable but for the most part safe. Some communities without HOA. Others with minimal HOA (<25/month).

Northeast Vegas is really starting to develop but it is pretty far away from the good food places and most the areas of entertainment and work. I can’t comment on the safety of the area but I can say I haven’t heard positive or negatives. It’s known to be great for retirees given good prices and big lot size.

Just my two cents since you asked. If you have specific questions feel free to ask, I’m happy to answer. Loved and worked here since 2009 and lived all over this city
AkumaParallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #55
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaParallax View Post
Not jerry. But long time Vegas resident that can help answer your questions. As far as best area to live in. I would say as far as safety summerlin or Henderson. Summerlin is a little uppity so expect an HOA but your property will definately retain its value and appreciate well. Henderson is variable but for the most part safe. Some communities without HOA. Others with minimal HOA (<25/month).

Northeast Vegas is really starting to develop but it is pretty far away from the good food places and most the areas of entertainment and work. I can’t comment on the safety of the area but I can say I haven’t heard positive or negatives. It’s known to be great for retirees given good prices and big lot size.

Just my two cents since you asked. If you have specific questions feel free to ask, I’m happy to answer. Loved and worked here since 2009 and lived all over this city
Tank you! i really appreciate. Send you a PM
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #56
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
What Tsume stuff do you have Jerry? Are you a big anime fan or just a fan of their work?

IF you are an Anime fan, what's ya best of all time? Guilty Pleasure? Watching now? Looking forward to coming back?
I am not actually an anime fan. Its not that i dont like it, but I dont love it either (except for Fist of the North Star and Gatchaman)

I just love Tsumes statues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Yo Jerry when are you going to show us some Kenshiro love? Even if it is just your own private commission I remember you did the effects work on the live action movie in the past, so maybe you still might have some love for the character?
Thats definitely something Ill do as a personal project someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW///M3 View Post
Jerry,
Now that you moved to Nevada, what is the best place to buy a property in ur opinion? I have noticed that the Northeast side of Vegas is cheaper with no HOA's. Im looking to make a move this summer

thanks bud!
I spent months researching and driving around. I decided the North West was best for me. Its very sparsely populated, which I dig. I dont like being in the center of things. There is virtually no traffic out this way. I go to the grocery store and theres never a line. love it.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:33 AM   #57
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Hey Jerry you raised concerns about the current state of the statue collectable industry a while back, I recall you said it was in a giant bubble and of course bubbles burst.
I found your insight very interesting, would you care to discuss this further now that you are back on the board as a collector, but one with inside knowledge.
What do you see in the future of the industry ? Are there too many companies pumping out too much stuff ? More advanced 3D sculpting/printing tech ? Smaller scales ? etc.

Thanks Jerry.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:25 AM   #58
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Hey Jerry you raised concerns about the current state of the statue collectable industry a while back, I recall you said it was in a giant bubble and of course bubbles burst.
I found your insight very interesting, would you care to discuss this further now that you are back on the board as a collector, but one with inside knowledge.
What do you see in the future of the industry ? Are there too many companies pumping out too much stuff ? More advanced 3D sculpting/printing tech ? Smaller scales ? etc.

Thanks Jerry.
the bubble has already burst.

Sales down for everyone (except Tsume from what ive heard) except for select ‘must have’ pieces. Absolutely all the major companies have seen serious decline in preorders.

Big Licensors are declining new deals because market is saturated.

Secondary values have plummeted for most pieces, again except for certain exceptions.

That doesnt mean statues are going to stop being made. There are still collectors out there and still companies that need to create revenue.

Its very similar to what happened with collectible action figures starting in 2006..some companies went under, some downsized and survived and then when the market came back, years later, those companies like NECA and Mezco were positioned to be rewarded. Which is what happened.

Same will happen with statues. We have already seen two statue companies go belly up in the past 6 months (i dont know if its public knowledge or not so im not mentionjng names) and more will follow over the next 4-5 years. The ones left, most assuredly Sideshow, will be positioned to be rewarded when the market returns probably around 2026 or so

If i were to use action figures as my basis, i would say cheaper and smaller statues will gain ground, as well as very high end pieces like ECC because the truly wealthy will always have deep pockets and want the highest quality.

3d printing isnt close to being ready for mass production of statues so thats not going to factor in. It costs thousands of dollars to 3D print a typical 1/4 statue and that doesnt include clean up, paint, box, etc. To produce a typical 1/4 statue 3D printed to order would probably put it in the $4k range. Thats just not economical.

Whats really interesting to me is its not only statues that are beginning a slow down. Collectible cars and some other high priced items are as well. That makes me wonder if we arent on the verge of a real economic recession

i love economics so this is all very interesting to me, particularly having lived through the action figure bust which coincidentally preceded the last economic recession by a couple years.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote