Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #741
adee
Green Arrow

I love it but not for the price I'd have to pay to get one.

c'est la vie
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #742
goto
Mephisto

Nearly 1150 euros self import ,XM europe wants 1400
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #743
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I love it but not for the price I'd have to pay to get one.

c'est la vie
Yeah, agreed. As much as I love this piece, I'm going to pass. I already have three 1/4 scale Jean statues, and for the dumb exclusive label equating to a higher price tag for no apparent reason, I'm going to use the funds toward Storm and maybe white Magneto.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 AM   #744
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, agreed. As much as I love this piece, I'm going to pass. I already have three 1/4 scale Jean statues, and for the dumb exclusive label equating to a higher price tag for no apparent reason, I'm going to use the funds toward Storm and maybe white Magneto.
I ordered dark Phoenix but truth be told, I consider the white magneto a much more impressive piece than her.

I also have the green Phoenix variant from Sideshow and that thing is a real beauty. Considering its price and its execution, it's an extremely good deal, imho a better one than this dark Phoenix. I do hope i change my mind when i receive it and can make a real judgment because so far, we only have a limited amount of pictures of the painted prototype.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #745
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I thought everyone said this was a convention only pre order?
Then it was a lie. From the start it was XM Exclusive, not Event Exclusive.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #746
Demona
Martian Manhunter

$832 for three portraits and a great sculpt is worth it. Not double worth it (which I did NOT pay) though.

I'm really hoping I can take some of the flame off from around her legs and it still look good/be stable. I feel that she is really covered up from the waist down and it needs to be more about Dark Phoenix than the destroyed earth.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #747
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Then it was a lie. From the start it was XM Exclusive, not Event Exclusive.
THIS is interesting as I ordered this over 4 months ago. I find it off that people were selling it before it was even for sale. Release date on the website I bought it from says Feb. That's very frustrating.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #748
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
I ordered dark Phoenix but truth be told, I consider the white magneto a much more impressive piece than her.

I also have the green Phoenix variant from Sideshow and that thing is a real beauty. Considering its price and its execution, it's an extremely good deal, imho a better one than this dark Phoenix. I do hope i change my mind when i receive it and can make a real judgment because so far, we only have a limited amount of pictures of the painted prototype.
Yeah, white Magneto is definitely more impressive and dynamic. Not to mention, I don't own a single Magneto piece and he's one of my favorite X-Men.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #749
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

This version of Phoenix imo definitely beats out the other XM and blows SS away. And if there is only one Magneto to own, it's the throne. Definitely worth the price. I'm really glad they made these statues, magneto definitely turned me on the XM, and when I saw the Dark Phoenix, then the Scorpion...well that's all it took. Saving the $$ for a Magneto atm, but I want a custom Jim Lee head sculpt. Bought the exclusive SS Rhino to pair with Scorpion. I wish XM would make a Hogoblin or Green Goblin true to the comics.
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #750
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmtongue View Post
This version of Phoenix imo definitely beats out the other XM and blows SS away. And if there is only one Magneto to own, it's the throne. Definitely worth the price.
I don't really believe any 1/4 statue is worth $3,500. So, no that's not a blanket statement and doesn't apply to everyone.