Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Doctor Strange : Damnation

You know, I don't know who at Marvel decided to go ahead with this Dr. Strange: Damnation mini, but it's not very good & came way too close on the heels of their just-finished Spirits Of Vengeance mini, which ended like, a month before Damnation started. I just finished the 3rd issue of Donny Cates & Nick Spencer's Damnation &, while they've thrown a bunch of classic Marvel Supernaturals together in a room, the story is just crash-&-burning under it's on weight & is now starting to bleed into other books & mucking them all up (see Iron Fist). Other books that it should be affecting (see Thor) don't even seemed to be touched by Damnation's continuity. The book is too big in scope & unbelievable because of said scope. Marvel did a much, much better job at the Supernatural Monster Mash with Spirits of Vengeance, which was self-contained & much smaller in scale giving characters like Satana, Blade, Johnny Blaze, Son of Satan, etc... time to breathe & interact in cool, desert-like locals. Damnation has eaten up Las Vegas, is heading towards L.A. & is completely adding The Avengers into the fold. Blade & Ghost Rider are both in Damnation just seconds, it seems, after they teamed in SoV. Donny Cates might know his way around Image books & Boom's Star Trek, but it doesn't feel like he gets Marvel Monsters at all. & while Nick Spencer may have more of a Marvel background, he too should stay away from the spooky-side. Thoughts? Anyone else reading this? I'm a huge Marvel SUpernaturals nut .... but I keep waiting for them to do something great with them.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote