Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-23-2017, 12:15 PM   #3991
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I want to like this show, but sometimes they really make that difficult. Rick and around 20 or more people all loaded to the teeth are facing down Negan and his lieutenants, who are completely unarmed. And how many Negans survive when the shooting starts. All of them. All. Of. Them. So OK, apparently that wasn't the real purpose of their being there. the true purpose was to unleash a zombie horde on the sanctuary. The attack was just to keep them in the building while the zombies are on the way. Cool. So then next week, Negan and all his men are surely dead, right? I won't count on it.
Ex, act, ly. I was yelling at the TV, Shoot him already! WTF!
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #3992
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Premiere episode arrived with a thud for me. Lots of unnecessary exposition. The frontal assault seemed rather pointless as the zombie horde they were directing towards the compound could’ve been done without the pointless banter. Not gunning down every one of their enemies as they stood on those steps unarmed was beyond moronic. They could’ve cut the head of the snake off right there. Instead let’s waste a bunch of ammo on the building windows after they run back indoors.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #3993
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

This show is dullsville, it really is. It needs to pick up very swiftly or I’m done I think.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:13 PM   #3994
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Premiere episode arrived with a thud for me. Lots of unnecessary exposition. The frontal assault seemed rather pointless as the zombie horde they were directing towards the compound could’ve been done without the pointless banter. Not gunning down every one of their enemies as they stood on those steps unarmed was beyond moronic. They could’ve cut the head of the snake off right there. Instead let’s waste a bunch of ammo on the building windows after they run back indoors.
Oh, the windows! They all just kept shooting at the windows for like five minutes straight!

"Rick! I think some of these guns might actually be able to shoot right through the walls!"

"Negative soldier, just keep blasting away at that glass!"
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #3995
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Old 10-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #3996
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
This show is dullsville, it really is. It needs to pick up very swiftly or I’m done I think.
I think this is the final season anyway right? How long can this redundancy play out? Unless they find a cure I'm done too.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:34 PM   #3997
MrYac
Hercules

I gave up completely last year and my Sundays have been far better for it, I highly recommend it to you all as well.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #3998
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Ex, act, ly. I was yelling at the TV, Shoot him already! WTF!
Come on give the guy a break, they were only 10 feet away from the target, and had some of the most powerful guns in history, and Rick only had 20 people with him and seemingly endless bullets, do you really expect him to be able to hit anything against all of those obstacles?

So going forward, if Negan kills anyone, it really will be all Rick's fault. He had the opportunity of a lifetime there and blew it.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #3999
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Who’s the bigger idiot though? Rick for not gunning down Negan or Negan and crew for walking out there unarmed? The whole situation felt incredibly staged for dramatic effect. I don’t get the idea behind offering his lieutenants an opportunity to jump ship.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #4000
ZenLogikos
Ultron
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I gave up completely last year and my Sundays have been far better for it, I highly recommend it to you all as well.
Show is so bad and has been for years, but I'm invested. I just want to know how it ends.

I don't give a damn about ANY of the characters. They're all stoooopid...writing's awful; motivations nonsensical; Negan laughable.

Can't stand how there's no consequences. Glenn's death changed nothing. Gasoline aplenty. Bullets aplenty. (Never mind neither of those two things are being made in the world any more - but they're not limited resources...no.)

For the first few years, it was a good show - about survival, psychological drama/characters interactions in this new world, etc. Now it's a video game or something. And it isn't about the show/story any more. It's about how many eyeballs AMC can get, and how much useless swag they can sell. It's a cheap watercooler show now. The Talking Dead crap (which I have watched for years), all the social media BS, etc. Imagine a quality show having to do this stuff -- it's sad really.

But none of the good, well-written shows are on right now, soooo... (Thrones, Westworld, Rick&Morty).

I could be wrong though. I think most TV is crap.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote