Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2017, 06:34 AM   #141
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Watch SadShow sell that one for $600. lmao! I wouldnt be shocked if they tried selling it for more than that. Pull in the rest of the suckers.

EDIT: Awww... where are all my haterz telling me Im mad that I didnt get one. mwahahaha!!!
I would buy it. I am sucker for Phoenix
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:47 AM   #142
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
It was a variant just for the sake of variants and during spooktacular to inject abit of unexpectedness into the hobby.

I was pleasantly surprised by this and proved quite refreshing. People need to not overthink this.
I see your point. If it had been a much higher ES that that would have been more lazy.

Doing just a small run for excitement and unexpectedness isn't so bad.

If they were creating variants all the time with pieces I'd have more of a problem.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #143
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Im not making fun of anybody. I dont care what people buy. However I do care that these enablers encourage these companies to keep raising their prices because they cant control their spending habits, buying up everything they see, affecting everyone elses purchasing power, and helping to price people out. While companies keep raising the prices every three to six months. It affects everyone and not just a single individual. Theyre actually harming the hobby rather than helping.

And its only going to continue while they keep buying new, trying to sell off recently acquired new pieces, because they dont want it anymore. They want to sell and fund to buy another new piece that comes onto the scene for pre order. And its blowing up in everyone elses faces now on the secondary market.

While spending there stagnates, company prices keep increasing and people keep spending at retail, thinking an edition size will help retain its value. Its not. Stop spending right away, and companies will be forced to lower their prices. This is why I call them suckers. They cant see passed the illusion of hype, and get sucked into whatever pieces & prices sideshow throws at em.

Today, I am more interested in small companies as HMO, F4F, Blitzway, Level52, etc.. because I get from them more passion than need to earn money and to dig deeper and deeper in our wallets. I like YouTube videos of F4F, because they are as kids in front of a new toy.
If tomorrow I have to choose between big companies which think that I am a wallet on two legs and passionate kids, my choice will be quickly made.
But well, maybe I am a little bit naive...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:54 AM   #144
Buzzie
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Love it!

Buzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #145
dechirico7
The Flash

Hopefully the quick sale will push sideshow to do a White version. I would buy that one fast.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #146
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Today, I am more interested in small companies as HMO, F4F, Blitzway, Level52, etc.. because I get from them more passion than need to earn money and to dig deeper and deeper in our wallets. I like YouTube videos of F4F, because they are as kids in front of a new toy.
If tomorrow I have to choose between big companies which think that I am a wallet on two legs and passionate kids, my choice will be quickly made.
But well, maybe I am a little bit naive...
I wouldn't say naive, but parts of this feel misplaced.

Mostly every company puts in a lot of passion into this hobby, after all, there's still the designers, sculptors, painters, etc. that make all of this possible.

That said, every one of them needs to make money no matter how you cut it. F4F, HMO both do variants as an extra source of income. If you want to branch out to other licenses, you're going to need to find more ways to generate revenue. If you want better talent, you need more money.

What's funny is that all of these companies are just groups of passionate kids making big toys.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:07 AM   #147
Buzzie
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Maybe due to such a small run, the production price was more?
Exactly!
Buzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #148
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I was going to stop for breakfast this morning, but I don’t want dark humorless to think I’m some big company enabler. What to do, what to do? I feel like my naïveté is helping raise the price of Egg McMuffins for everybody...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #149
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I was going to stop for breakfast this morning, but I don’t want dark humorless to think I’m some big company enabler. What to do, what to do? I feel like my naïveté is helping raise the price of Egg McMuffins for everybody...
Don't freaking do it, Tbolt. You should grow your own wheat, then grind it into flower, make you own muffins. Also, raise your own chickens and get your eggs for free. Don't be an enabler and support McD

Anyways, I am off to Tims
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #150
ambasah
Red Skull

I recall SS saying repaints were not planned for this. I have zero issues with repaints/variants...just announce them all at the same time.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote