Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #761
Unicornbang
Frackin!

I think it looks fine. I'm more annoyed that the shield doesn't have a metallic look and feel like I would have wanted.
Unicornbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #762
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Looks like a QC issue to me. The bulk of the shield is too clean to have a weathered look.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #763
fsdre
Mephisto

When other people get this piece please let me know your opinion on this if yours looks the same
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #764
Unicornbang
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
When other people get this piece please let me know your opinion on this if yours looks the same
I'm getting mine this Thursday. I will let you know and post pics.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #765
tdevo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I too thought I had paint flaws on Cap's shield. I contacted Sideshow and sent pics of the shield on my statue and here was their reply:

David Yim (Sideshow)

Sep 20, 1:51 PM PDT
Hello Todd,

Thanks for contacting Sideshow. I have reviewed the provided photos and it looks like your piece is in excellent condition! Please know that the silver scuffs on the shield are part of its intended design, as they are meant to create a battle-damaged effect. This will be present across the entire line of statues, and can be seen on the photos present on the item's web page.
tdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:59 PM   #766
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I can tolerate capt even with the awkward pose, but the hulk is just terrible. Hate it. Luckily I still got the original comiquette, which fits perfectly at 1/5. It is still my all time hulk sculpt, so i am happy and saves me from buying another hulk just to complete the set.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:36 AM   #767
Unicornbang
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
I can tolerate capt even with the awkward pose, but the hulk is just terrible. Hate it. Luckily I still got the original comiquette, which fits perfectly at 1/5. It is still my all time hulk sculpt, so i am happy and saves me from buying another hulk just to complete the set.
I pre-ordered Hulk but I'm kind of losing the love I had for it. The giant seam on the head and the two head sculpts seem off to me. The only reason I will be sticking with it is how incredible IM turned out. I still can't believe how great it looks.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:19 AM   #768
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I agree on IM, he looks absolutely fabulous, and to have SSC change my preorder from collectors edition to the exclusive was just awesome on their part
Someone must have cancelled on the min that the IM was being released to me...

My pled's were not ignored

I'm a happy camper just with my IM, IMHO
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:27 AM   #769
Unicornbang
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I agree on IM, he looks absolutely fabulous, and to have SSC change my preorder from collectors edition to the exclusive was just awesome on their part
Someone must have cancelled on the min that the IM was being released to me...

My pled's were not ignored

I'm a happy camper just with my IM, IMHO
It really is amazing. I'm glad yours converted. I have the ex but don't display it. For me, I need a nice Cap and Thor piece so I don't have to buy another. Even though the shield seems like it might need a repaint I'm still in love with Cap and the ex portrait. Love the Thor ex as well. Just wish I was more excited about Hulk. I think it will be a different story when I have the piece in hand and see how awesome it it.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:30 AM   #770
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I happen to love that hulk but, since I already have the HMO hulk, I'm thinking of paring them. I'm thinking of getting that Thor, but not sure.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote