Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
The discount where I order these from is always 32% off anyway on pre-orders. For me, I rarely see discounts lower than that after release on the stuff I buy. Some of the B&W statues have become quickly scarce and jump up in price.

I am definitely in for an Arrow statue, but this one has never impressed me. Maybe it looks better in person. Hopefully, they remember to put the green face paint around the eyes... I'm not seeing it in the pic in this thread.
Ya I noticed that most online stores give you a pre-order discount of 20%+ but then they hit you with $25+ shipping... Which ends up costing the same or even more then buying it directly from DC at full price with their standard $5 shipping rate.

Unless your store gives you a 20%+ discount plus free shipping then yeah that would be a score... if it does let me know where you get them at..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Ya I noticed that most online stores give you a pre-order discount of 20%+ but then they hit you with $25+ shipping... Which ends up costing the same or even more then buying it directly from DC at full price with their standard $5 shipping rate.

Unless your store gives you a 20%+ discount plus free shipping then yeah that would be a score... if it does let me know where you get them at..
Well, shipping on statues ends up being essentially "free" for me since I order comics from them anyway, but, otherwise, it's $6 or $7. I buy my DC statues at www.dcbservice.com. The discount on DC Collectibles stuff is 32%.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Well, shipping on statues ends up being essentially "free" for me since I order comics from them anyway, but, otherwise, it's $6 or $7. I buy my DC statues at www.dcbservice.com. The discount on DC Collectibles stuff is 32%.
Thanks, I'll defiantly check them out..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #14
Leni81
Doh!

With Arrow going to a third season, and with other DC characters being tied into the show, does anyone know if more 1/6 scale statues will be made of other characters? My Oliver Queen statue is getting lonely
Leni81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #15
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Gentle Giant seems to be a lot of sculpting for DC, hope they do some comic book stuff.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #16
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Gentle Giant seems to be a lot of sculpting for DC, hope they do some comic book stuff.
Hopefully, but if I am not mistaken everything GG has done for DCD since 2005 (Batman Begins) has been live action related.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Gentle Giant also did the sculpts for the Catwoman biker statue and the New 52-style DC Icons series. Anything that involves digital sculpting they seem to turn to GG now.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #18
arrowFAN
Doh!

If anyone has this staue for sale PLEASE get in touch! THANKS!!
arrowFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #19
Leni81
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowFAN View Post
If anyone has this staue for sale PLEASE get in touch! THANKS!!
In case you haven't sourced one yet, Stephen Amell is actually selling raffle tickets for two statues via his Facebook page. Could be a cheap way to pick one up (if the luck of the draw goes your way, of course).
Leni81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #20
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Wish DCC plus Gentle Giant continue this 1/6 line & release a newly sculpted Arrow with new mask + bow, Canary, then Deathstroke.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote