Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

That came out awesome looking, glad I PO'ed it..

As with anything in comic books you can attribute the different look to an Alternate Reality Catwoman...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Didn't Gentle Giant sculpt this? I think it looks really nice.
I hope not, I would hate for GG to use their lame doll looking skin texture like they did for the Iconic Man of Steel Statues...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

It's like Selina had bought one of those stupid OCC theme bikes from American Chopper. Catwoman shouldn't need a sissy bar.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I hope not, I would hate for GG to use their lame doll looking skin texture like they did for the Iconic Man of Steel Statues...
GG sculpted the Man of Steel statues. DC Collectibles produced them. Blame DCC, they are responsible for the production decisions
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This looks good. But I still don't need a Catwoman on a chopper statue. Now Catwoman on the Bat Pod. Yes. I don't know why they aren't making that.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

thats pretty cool. chopper themed statues for comic book characters. i see they are aiming at the chopper heads. cool collectible for folks who are into MC.
are they doing this for all the DC characters Supes Bats? or is this just for the ladies of the DC universe?
hopefully they will do Batgirl and Batman for this line at least.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #27
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
thats pretty cool. chopper themed statues for comic book characters. i see they are aiming at the chopper heads. cool collectible for folks who are into MC.
are they doing this for all the DC characters Supes Bats? or is this just for the ladies of the DC universe?
hopefully they will do Batgirl and Batman for this line at least.
Somewhere in this forum, someone posted an illustration of Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn in bikes which looked like a concept art of what looks to be the biker line. I'm guessing that Harley and Poison Ivy maybe next.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #28
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I like it. I'm not a biker but do have my motorcycle license. Haven't ridden for a few years. It's not something I'd collect though.

I found a drawing (possibly from the same concept artist) of Ivy on a super bike and Harley on a quad. I'd find and post it but on my iPhone. Perhaps possible additions to this line?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #29
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I like it. I'm not a biker but do have my motorcycle license. Haven't ridden for a few years. It's not something I'd collect though.

I found a drawing (possibly from the same concept artist) of Ivy on a super bike and Harley on a quad. I'd find and post it but on my iPhone. Perhaps possible additions to this line?
I would assume Batgirl given the "Gotham City Garage" theme.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #30
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
False! I'm definitely not a biker, but I'm getting this for sure.

I don't understand why everyone is saying "omg! Not cat woman!" It isn't supposed to be the standard cat woman. It's a biker catwoman. A damn fine one at that. How is that not Selina Kyle as a biker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Yeah, I'm not a biker, and I like it. Not sure I have room for her in my collection, but I still think it looks nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
I like this different approach to Catwoman and I'm not a biker either. This biker approach is similar to the Bombshells line which is different take on the DC female characters. Maybe Harley and Poison Ivy will next on the list since it pertains to Gotham City? Batgirl? Batwoman? Talia al Ghul?

As for the MSRP for this piece, I'll wait for the secondary market to get a bit cheaper.
Just stating my opinion. I can't see Catwoman being a biker chick. I can see the Halle Berry version, which was so not Catwoman either, riding a bike. I find the Bombshell line way more believable than this piece. I just see this as a way for DC to get in on the hero/vehicle line like Marvels'. Which is also sculpted and produced by Gentle Giant. I don't see this line going far, I don't think the Marvel line is too popular due to the crazy prices. However, I can't wait to see your pics of her when you get her.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote