Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

THIRD DC Cover Girls: Harley Quinn (by Artgerm)

This was shown secretly at SDCC14 and now it's finally been revealed to the public.

As per the solicitation:
Quote:
DC COMICS COVER GIRLS HARLEY QUINN STATUE
DESIGNED BY STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU
SCULPTED BY JACK MATHEWS
The line of stunning statues inspired by the art of Stanley "Artgerm" Lau continues with this masterfully sculpted statue of the Cupid of Crime!
Limited Edition of 5,200
Measures Approximately 10.5" Tall
$99.95 US • On Sale July 2015 * Allocations May Occur
Interestingly, it was said at SDCC14 by attendees that it was the New 52 "Roller Derby" outfit. However, Artgerm (like his Ivy) chose to go the classic outfit.

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I am so happy about this! I've been toning down my purchases lately as there hasn't really been much that has interested me, but this one I can't pass up! I love classic Harley! I already have mine PO'd.

The roller derby version would have been interesting to see, but it would have been a hard sell for me. Don't get me wrong, I like the version of the New 52 Harley as seen in her solo book, but she's just not quite the same as the classic version.

This statue shows her playful side, yet shows off her slender, sexy body while keeping it classy. I can't wait for this beauty.
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm happy they went with the classic outfit. I hate the other ones.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

Talking

A little dissapointed that its not the roller derby outfit from her series (which is extremely popular and the costume strays away from the cartoon look while keeping signature elements)

But otherwise it IS Harley.

Also when you have a basic costume like hers that you can't really paint many details onto (ex- Poison Ivy) they seem to pay better attention to the sculpted lines- something to look out for

Also I love the line either way but if people don't like mixing New 52 and classic they can always mix the 2nd version with them but I love both! Different details and different styles!
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
gomur
The Tick

Trying to dial down my purchases. It's a lovely statue but I'm more than satisfied with my Adam Hughes Cover Girl Harl.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Trying to dial down my purchases. It's a lovely statue but I'm more than satisfied with my Adam Hughes Cover Girl Harl.
See I wish I could get my hands on the Adam Hughes version. There's been one at my LCS for a few years calling my name but I can't justify the $350 price tag they want for her.

That's why I'm excited that I can now get at least something similar. Not to mention I absolutely love Artgerms style.
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Love it!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Just got the email from BBTS saying this was up for pre-order. The wife is so happy to see another classic Harley up, and it will be out just in time for a belated birthday gift for her too .
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #9
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Papaya View Post
See I wish I could get my hands on the Adam Hughes version. There's been one at my LCS for a few years calling my name but I can't justify the $350 price tag they want for her.

That's why I'm excited that I can now get at least something similar. Not to mention I absolutely love Artgerms style.
$350 is a commanding price tag for something this scale. I wouldn't pull the trigger if I was in your shoes.... probably. I'm glad you have a chance at this dynamic take on "Classic Harley".
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
That is the most lovely Harley Quinn. I like it more than the Sideshow's. And that one is a hell of a piece!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote