Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-22-2017, 10:46 PM   #471
dechirico7
The Flash

The portrait doesn't fit the character, Imo.
And she does have a very dead stare.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #472
iceprince_x
Deadman

I agree on the comments on the following:
1. The unnecessary angel statue which not really a base but just an added diorama effect. I hope XM can do a change by doing a church ruin with stained glass windows or my ultimate wish the Angelus flying over her.

2. The hair sticking across her cheeks on the hooded portrait plus the dazed look on her eyes.

3. The unhooded portrait can be more beautiful or mysterious. Remove that open mouth and give her some real expression.

-- the suggestion of a third portrait is a great idea, if ever I like the idea of a half covered hooded face that is facing the sides. Though a Sister Mariella head with a rose on her hair will be nice too. Luis Royo has a good interpretation of Sister Mariella.

4. The Spear of Destiny is interchangeable on both hands and that samurai sword should be facing down and not up.

---------------

I do pre-ordered her because like Witchblade & The Darkness, my love for Top Cow characters are deeply rooted. Okay, I am guilty of being a Top Cow screamin' Fanboy :-D
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:26 PM   #473
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It's 2 sided.

She has a beautiful face and nice detail to the hair...but the problem is the open mouth especially on the non-hooded portrait that gives her a "derpy" look. The hooded portrait...the only thing really is the little piece of hair that is laying on her cheek. That needs to be removed and I would not be surprised if it was removed before it ships.

Derpy may not be the best term for her...I would say lack of any intense expression. You know the saying..."Eyes are the window to the soul?" Well...i get the feeling she is spacing out and it really doesn't give any sense of emotion.
No, derpy is the best term for these portraits.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:23 AM   #474
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next Top Cow Universe Premium Collectibles series statue, Magdalena! The Magdalena, holy protector of the Catholic Church is given the XM Studios treatment via amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. With intricate armor design and a fitting base and backdrop of beautiful Angelic statue, the beautiful warrior will bring light and protection against the forces of darkness in your collection!

For over 2000 years, the Knights of Malta have trained one special woman in each generation to be the Magdalena -- the official warrior protector of the Catholic Church. Across the millennia, the Magdalenas, official warrior protectors of the Catholic Church have battled in secret, protecting humanity from the supernatural threats and evil that would tear our world apart. The Magdalene is trained on several forms and styles of fighting. She's an expert on both unarmed and armed combat but favors medieval weaponry. She's an excellent sword and knife fighter, as well as considered unbeatable when she wields the Spear. She has been known to use firearms on occasion and carries one concealed handgun among the many swords, blades, knives and throwable devices she carries."

XM Studios Facebook

New Page >>> XM Studios Europe Facebook <<< New Page

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #475
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Sculpt is beautiful. Face is killing this for me, though. Blank, expressionless face. No likey.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:59 PM   #476
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Sculpt is beautiful. Face is killing this for me, though. Blank, expressionless face. No likey.
Totally agree. The the biggest problem of XM: faces and the paintup of the face. Their overall sculpts mostly aren't bad. But on faces it is the total opposite: Nearly every statue has a bad, lifeless face (especially on females, they really suck on em). Witchblades first head e.g. is totally off in my eyes; the second a bit girly-like and best said: a bit below average. Anyway I think they aim mostly asian market, so perhaps this is just my personal "western" taste.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #477
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I got in before BBTS changed it to required a deposit. Any chance XM would revise this before it's final?
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #478
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
I got in before BBTS changed it to required a deposit. Any chance XM would revise this before it's final?
Highly unlikely. I think the best time to make a decision on if you want her or not is at STGCC. Well, technically, it's once it is released and people have her in hand. I also think placing her next to Darkness and Witchblade is a great indication of how she will look.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #479
Wah
Shadowhawk

Damn! Why is she priced at $1449.99 at bbts but at gfx distribution it's at $999.95? That's a huge price difference between the two!
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #480
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Damn! Why is she priced at $1449.99 at bbts but at gfx distribution it's at $999.95? That's a huge price difference between the two!
LOL $1,449, what a rip off.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote