Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #11
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Hey do you guys mind not posting these topics until after I sell all my HT's off....

This past Fall, I actually sold off all but 1 of my HT figures (Reeve's Supes being the only one left that is still for sale). They just lost their appeal over time and I got tired of trying to fit them in a pose that didn't make them look like dolls on the shelf.
Either way, they never had true presence for me and were always overshadowed by the statues whenever people saw my collection.
Neat figures if you have a small space for display options...but not for me anymore
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #12
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Forest View Post
Hottoys recently become too famous. But the flat is that In my city, Hong Kong. every time it put a new figure, there is a long queue to waiting to buy no matter how. Inflat they use their VIP status to buy it at 10% off ( I am a VIP also) and quickly sell on Yahoo or ebay to make quick money. Do you belive that for only USD 12.5 to USD 25, thet sold off they pre-order receipt. There is why Hottoys figure only got 2 trend : the value rise fast and drop rapidly. But inflat there is no more new figures they can get the license. So repeatly slightly different figures were made. How could you imagine it can to make money any longer?

Hong Kong Hottoys' figure is as same as US. But price lower. And US price is much lower than Japan.

It is so easy to make a quick money as you are a VIP. You got 10% off and pre-order it first. You just need sell to Japan is ok. So if you know economic theory. You will know if everybody know he can get profit, inflat the world will lose money. Just like 1997
asian finace strom and 2008 US banking tsunami !
Is costs money to import figures from China which drives the higher price in the US. Japan costs more as they include a VAT (value added tax).
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote