Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-26-2017, 06:41 PM   #441
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

XM has client base now . With all the popular characters yet to come I'm afraid my days of buying anything 1/4 scale are just about done.
If I can't buy nicest piece available for my fav characters I'd rather not buy any. It's a shame but these do require loads of work to create .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:42 PM   #442
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
1150 EUR for this Carnage (without shipping)...prices are just becoming more and more insane . There was a time we were staying in EUR under the price in SGD but...this time seems to be gone
1195 € with shipping :/

was the last statue i was considering since the Black cat adventure.

Well i was wondering what to do since they only changed the eyes but the paint, tendrills and desapointing base are the same.

At that price i know what i do.

Since i am not interested in the SSC carnage, i'll have to wait for the next carnage to appear.

But this tells me definitly away from XM.

I was on the fence for the Hulk Buster but they don't have the license to sell it in Europe.
Case close.

Seriously 1195€ for a 1/4 statue

It's Sideshow Thanos price guys
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #443
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Got my order in guess the xm spidey train will keep to Lin for now
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #444
NinNin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one. Couldn't order Venom fast enough, but I'm not feeling this Carnage as much as I thought I would. Kinda bummed really.

The only things I like are the switch out arms and the Bagley portrait. The base doesn't do anything for me. Not liking how dark carnage looks overall, with that shade of red combined with the black. Wouldn't be worth the money I'd have to spend to get it for me personally.

Not trying to sh!t on the piece btw. Still great work nonetheless. Congrats to those picking this up as it will probably look better in hand anyway. Wish I knew whether or not Prime 1 is taking a stab at Carnage. I'm really close to picking up SS Carnage. The switch out is weak but I like it more than XMs in this case. Go figure.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:22 AM   #445
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I agree for the price two of the portraits I can't stand ( morphing & tongue ) the base is an Attackus Spiderman Ramos ripoff I feel smaller details in the piece o just don't like enough. I'll prob regret it but because of high costs you have to be picky. I bought Namor & Venom both are amazing so ..... I'll wait.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:30 AM   #446
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I would like to get a Carnage to go with my XM Venom. The SS version is better imo...plus it's lighter. That XM venom is heavy & this carnage looks to be even heavier. 75 lbs on one shelf for both of em, screams Yikes!!
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #447
galaxyconvoy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Too expensive... I have to pass.
galaxyconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #448
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I do prefer this Carnage over the Sideshow one but it's still not THE Carnage piece that I want in my collection. I like the pose and the base but something seems off to me...I can't tell if it's the darker crimson color or the texture of his body that keeps me from loving the piece. I think it just might be that it's so hard to translate Carnage from comics into statue form that's keeping it from being a must buy.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #449
polished1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

The thing I've learned with XM is that the parts you think you won't like about their pieces, you actually love in person. Their stuff is so much more impressive when you see them with your own eyes. The initial 3d sculpt that was released was absolutely insane and got so many hyped, I'll trust it that to pull through with final production in hand.
polished1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #450
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The thing i've learned with XM is i want them all but this is just impossible. As mirrapro1 stated we have to be picky ..is that possible "no" but this is an obligation, an education to my collecting disease ..
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote