Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-30-2017, 07:54 AM   #131
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Does the gear give buffs to damage and defense? I was watching some troll videos where they were using gear for asinine damage.

I didn't bother with it much yet outside of the Premiere Skins because of this, are some just cosmetic? I would definitely be into it more if that's the case.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:49 AM   #132
damienjakk

Been messing with Darkseid a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM0oi3GiCM
Old 05-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #133
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Does the gear give buffs to damage and defense? I was watching some troll videos where they were using gear for asinine damage.

I didn't bother with it much yet outside of the Premiere Skins because of this, are some just cosmetic? I would definitely be into it more if that's the case.
All of the gear has stats and levels (1-20 with 20 being max level gear). It also has three types - common, rare and epic. In addition, many of the epic sets have general or character specific bonuses once you collect a few pieces, and then an additional bonus when you collect and equip the full set.

For example, I've seen things like 100 extra strength or ability points for collecting 2 pieces of a set, or 10-15% extra damage against heroes or villains if you collect all 5 pieces of the set.

Also, as I stated above, there is character specific bonuses too. For example, my main is Cheetah. She has a set (Bone Queen) that, once you collect 2 pieces, gives her character power an extra 15% damage. Her power is a buff to her claw damage. So, it's an extra buff added to a buff. Then, once I collect the remaining three pieces, all her throws (she has a lot, approx. 6 different throws) do an extra 10% damage.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:36 PM   #134
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

First off, I use Darkseid often and have been trying to master that combo. The move where you grab him up in the air by the throat, how do you do that? It's not listed in his special moves... is that an unlocked ability?

As far as the gear goes, yes, each piece can act as a boost to some or all stats. Sometimes it can increase one of your stats but lower another. Which makes the loadouts all the more important. For example, I have a Superman that is all strength but now on defense, then one low on strength but a defense boost depending on what type of multiverse event. Some gear will even boost XP while doing a multiverse event. So it adds a lot of layers.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #135
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
All of the gear has stats and levels (1-20 with 20 being max level gear). It also has three types - common, rare and epic. In addition, many of the epic sets have general or character specific bonuses once you collect a few pieces, and then an additional bonus when you collect and equip the full set.

For example, I've seen things like 100 extra strength or ability points for collecting 2 pieces of a set, or 10-15% extra damage against heroes or villains if you collect all 5 pieces of the set.

Also, as I stated above, there is character specific bonuses too. For example, my main is Cheetah. She has a set (Bone Queen) that, once you collect 2 pieces, gives her character power an extra 15% damage. Her power is a buff to her claw damage. So, it's an extra buff added to a buff. Then, once I collect the remaining three pieces, all her throws (she has a lot, approx. 6 different throws) do an extra 10% damage.
Yes exactly that. There is a Wonder Woman event on right now which unlocks an epic gear piece each level. I have 3 of them now and as they are part of the same set I have a bonus 100 strength and a meter burn shoulder charge will trigger a stage transition.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:57 PM   #136
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The gear was very smart of Neatherrealm. The different, ever-changing Multiverse was also very smart of them. Those two aspects alone will keep this game fresh and fun for a long time, not to mention at least 9 future DLC characters.

Makes me REALLY wish they would do a fighting game with the Marvel universe. Injustice 2 makes me sad for how generic Capcom vs. Marvel Infinite is going to be.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #137
MrJones

As someone who is predominantly a Marvel fan, I couldn't agree more. I enjoy Injustice the video game more than the actual DC universe of comics etc. Meaning, I like the fighting game more than the characters themselves. An exact Marvel replica would be as good as it gets.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #138
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
As someone who is predominantly a Marvel fan, I couldn't agree more. I enjoy Injustice the video game more than the actual DC universe of comics etc. Meaning, I like the fighting game more than the characters themselves. An exact Marvel replica would be as good as it gets.
Yeah, I might not even PO MvC Infinite, especially if there is no X-Men in the roster.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #139
MrJones

I have zero interest in MvC. Like I MIGHT pick it up down the road only if it's significantly discounted and I get to play as Thanos. But more than likely he will be a non-playable boss or you can unlock him if you accomplish some insane tasks like every marvel mobile game.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #140
damienjakk

Good to know about the gear, definitely gonna pass on all of it then if bonuses are added to the damage/defense. Not really my thing to make an OP character for a fighting game.

As for Marvel Infinite, even if I had interest in the game, I don't buy Capcom games at launch, you'd have to be a complete fool to do this unless you really want a limited supply pre order bonus or something.

The Darkseid move is just B+1, U+3, MB