Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-15-2020, 04:03 AM   #511
Python
Omega Red

If we take it back & compare it to the proto, there are definitely differences in the pose. I'm assuming that these are broken down into many pieces for production & that some parts were inevitably somewhat misaligned. If you focus on the spine in this comparison (Noting that there are very slight differences in the angle of the pictures) You can see quite a difference in the position with the proto being near vertical as opposed to many more degrees forward on the production statues. Also notice that the heads on all of the production versions are almost strained back in order to be level with the ground, the proto managed to get its eyes level with much less of an angle relative to the rest of the body. I still think this looks good. But even though the difference isn't huge, I do think that the proto had a much more natural looking pose.

All of that said, maybe you can match up those shots better using yours and completely dismiss everything I just said if it is camera tricks throwing us all off? Which is possible, some statues just don't photograph well. The SWS/Sideshow Predator maquette always looks infinitely better in person pose wise for example, that always looks like it's leaning in pictures also.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:52 PM   #512
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Liquid View Post
So I think Clutch may be right. Check out this comparison I just made. The far right image is an overlay of the one dude's endo and mine (mine has the opacity reduced by about half, but I've pointed it out). I tried my best to get the angle the same, to match his original viewing angle, but with different camera focal lengths, distance of camera from subject, etc etc, it can be extremely difficult to replicate, but I did my best. MAYbe mine has slightly less lean, but maybe not. It's close. For the overlay on the far left, I got really low and shot my endo, then overlay'd it on the stock image from Sideshow/Prime1. They seem dead-on. So it sounds as though this may all be a matter of camera/viewing angle. Now, from a real-world point of view, I can tell you that this statue doesn't seem "off' to me in any way. The lean looks normal and accurate as I walk around it or rotate it. It absolutely does not seem as though it is going to fall over or continue to bend or anything like that. I think this may all boil down to a trick of the camera's eye kind of thing. I strongly recommend to try to see one in person (I know, this is a longshot, but...), and I'm convinced you'll see it's not a manufacturing mistake. Maybe I'll try a video or something, maybe that'll help discern.

I wonder if the piece looks like it leans more if you don't put the head back a bit..

When the head is looking more down its bound to have a more leaning look.

Yours and the Proto pics have the head looking more up and thus offsetting such a major looking lean.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:07 PM   #513
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

I heard the head is moveable, and I did see some plastic vertebrae in the neck, but I'm too scared to move it. I tried half-heartedly and it didn't budge; I'm afraid to use any real force.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:03 AM   #514
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

I managed to cancel my Terminator so I will get my money back. I am very sad about this, I waited 3 years basically for nothing. But as I said before for this amount of money I cannot take the risk. Also I did not like the changes they made on the statue. They had zero communication about it. All in all my main problem was the lean. Sometimes I cannot understand companies. They make something which is close to perfect and they manage to do something which just makes unecessary risk for them and for the customers. It is bad for business and bad for collectors and also bad for somebody who decides to selling the statue (especially if the lean will prove to be a real problem).

On the bright side I hope there will be other endoskeleton in the future. At the end of the day I prefer the T2 one from the future scene with the plasma rifle. So at least there is that.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #515
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Liquid View Post
I heard the head is moveable, and I did see some plastic vertebrae in the neck, but I'm too scared to move it. I tried half-heartedly and it didn't budge; I'm afraid to use any real force.
Just hit it with a hair dryer for about 30 secs and then try. I heard it moves slightly left and right and up and down.
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #516
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
I managed to cancel my Terminator so I will get my money back. I am very sad about this, I waited 3 years basically for nothing. But as I said before for this amount of money I cannot take the risk. Also I did not like the changes they made on the statue. They had zero communication about it. All in all my main problem was the lean. Sometimes I cannot understand companies. They make something which is close to perfect and they manage to do something which just makes unecessary risk for them and for the customers. It is bad for business and bad for collectors and also bad for somebody who decides to selling the statue (especially if the lean will prove to be a real problem).
But this is what we’re saying here, that there is no “lean” aside from that which was designed into it in the first place. If you look at their marketing pics, the lean is present and normal. I don’t think Prime 1 made some perfect artist proof and then manufactured the rest incorrectly or made changes to surprise the collectors with. There’s a part of me that thinks people are trying to convince themselves into thinking they’re all messed up and leaning because of buyers remorse/not wanting to actually have to cough up the two grand to pay for it. Which is a shame, bc this statue was really well executed, and in fact, is as-shown in their marketing pics. Refer back to the overlays I made. I was able to show that mine is pretty much spot-on compared to their product shot. Some of you are canceling for nothing.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #517
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Than how do you explain the pose difference between the prototype and the actual product? You can see on the videos from the Wondercons etc that it is lot more upright than the actual product. Also the statue is between 96 and 98 cm for everyone while it supposed to be 104 cm according to their video. Also you can see photos here from pieces which have heavy lean. Some are better yes...but some are bad sadly.

Anyway my main problem is the unbalanced pose which was simply not present at the videos shown at the different cons and at Prime 1's promo video. And lot's of people have extensive lean which will cause problems. It breaks my heart because I wanted this piece so badly but there are just too many questions regarding the lean's future. If it gets worse than the statue will go down the toilet. And I don't want to put my money in the trash. Also I live in Europe which makes the problem worse. It was my most anticipated piece of all time so for me it was a hard decision.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:15 PM   #518
clutch
Sailor Moon

It just doesn't look as good as they made it out to be. They definitely changed those teeth. Saved me two grand though.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #519
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Next year is the 30th anniversary of T2. Hope Prime1 and other high end companies will surprise us.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #520
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post

On the bright side I hope there will be other endoskeleton in the future. At the end of the day I prefer the T2 one from the future scene with the plasma rifle. So at least there is that.
do you get the money back because of the delays?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote