Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #31
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

So I got to see iTunes download (my first) of this and have to say its enjoyable enough. I did feel that there was little or no character development apart from Cyborg. I still don't understand the need to reboot the JL (even if it is based on 52) it just takes up way too much time even without little or no backstory.

I'd score it 6/10.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:11 AM   #32
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

While i have enjoyed some of the animated movies based on comic runs, are we ever going to get any original stories? Enough of these adaptations based on good selling comics. This is lazy and lacks creativity.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #33
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

no way, these films are great. specially for the ones like me who dont buy comics and read every single story.
not saying i wouldn't like to see an original story. but to take a best selling comic story and make it into a movie is brilliant.
now all Hollywood has to do is take their lead and make live action films in this manor. if they did. we just might get to see the comic movies we have been dreaming of. for me at least.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #34
redhulk27
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
While i have enjoyed some of the animated movies based on comic runs, are we ever going to get any original stories? Enough of these adaptations based on good selling comics. This is lazy and lacks creativity.
Better than Marvel's animated department. Marvel may have the live action cinematic scene. But DC definitely has the animated scene. Marvel could learn a thing or two from DC in the animated department. That way we can avoid having to be content with watching Rise of the Technovore or the latest terrible movie with the Iron Man and Hulk teamup.
redhulk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #35
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Generally I agree but there is nothing to be learned from this one other than don't progress if the writing is bad like this one was.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #36
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhulk27 View Post
Better than Marvel's animated department. Marvel may have the live action cinematic scene. But DC definitely has the animated scene. Marvel could learn a thing or two from DC in the animated department. That way we can avoid having to be content with watching Rise of the Technovore or the latest terrible movie with the Iron Man and Hulk teamup.
Marvel should make more stuff like Hulk vs Wolverine.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #37
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
no way, these films are great. specially for the ones like me who dont buy comics and read every single story.
not saying i wouldn't like to see an original story. but to take a best selling comic story and make it into a movie is brilliant.
now all Hollywood has to do is take their lead and make live action films in this manor. if they did. we just might get to see the comic movies we have been dreaming of. for me at least.
If DC animated wants to pull from the comic archives, the new 52 reboot of Justice League is hardly a classic much less well written story. Why not do "The Long Halloween" as an example or my dream, Elseworld stories. Superman: Red Son is still one of my favorites.

I think JL: War is an attempt to market the new 52 series to try and get people into buying the current comics.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #38
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
So I got to see iTunes download (my first) of this and have to say its enjoyable enough. I did feel that there was little or no character development apart from Cyborg. I still don't understand the need to reboot the JL (even if it is based on 52) it just takes up way too much time even without little or no backstory.

I'd score it 6/10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
If DC animated wants to pull from the comic archives, the new 52 reboot of Justice League is hardly a classic much less well written story. Why not do "The Long Halloween" as an example or my dream, Elseworld stories. Superman: Red Son is still one of my favorites.

I think JL: War is an attempt to market the new 52 series to try and get people into buying the current comics.
Agreed. I thing War was the first step in putting forth a few of the New 52 JLA stories in succession. If I am not mistaken "Throne of Atlantis" should be OTW after Son of Batman.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #39
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Marvel should make more stuff like Hulk vs Wolverine.
They have. The Dr. Strange, Planet Hulk and Young Avengers (or whatever it was called) were really good. As was Hulk Vs. There were busts, for sure, like the Iron Man and Ultimate Avengers cartoons, but there were good ones, too. I'm not happy with all the DC animated films and think both companies suffer from hit and miss syndrome.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #40
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
They have. The Dr. Strange, Planet Hulk and Young Avengers (or whatever it was called) were really good. As was Hulk Vs. There were busts, for sure, like the Iron Man and Ultimate Avengers cartoons, but there were good ones, too. I'm not happy with all the DC animated films and think both companies suffer from hit and miss syndrome.
Dr Strange, Hulk vs Thor and Next Avengers were hardly good, average at best. Planet hulk was a tad better but not as good as DC films.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote